GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Scots pine with unusual vigour? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/29615-%5Bibc%5D-scots-pine-unusual-vigour.html)

Joe St. Lawrence 29-05-2003 03:32 PM

[IBC] Scots pine with unusual vigour?

I have a Scots pine started from seed 3 years ago that is covered in pollen
producing cones. Has anyone seen them hit puberty this early? -- it seems a
bit crazy to me. It does have exceptional vigour this year (the candles are
about as long as the plant is high: 6-8" a piece). Normal? Weird? Should I
patent it and make millions?
-joe
ottawa

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

John Biel 30-05-2003 04:20 PM

"Joe St. Lawrence" wrote:

I have a Scots pine started from seed 3 years ago that is covered in pollen
producing cones. Has anyone seen them hit puberty this early? -- it seems a
bit crazy to me. It does have exceptional vigour this year (the candles are
about as long as the plant is high: 6-8" a piece). Normal? Weird? Should I
patent it and make millions?

Joe, I haven't got a clue what would cause this, but perhaps you could get a
government grant to investigate it? ;-)

John

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++