Old 29-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Joe St. Lawrence

Default [IBC] Scots pine with unusual vigour?

I have a Scots pine started from seed 3 years ago that is covered in pollen
producing cones. Has anyone seen them hit puberty this early? -- it seems a
bit crazy to me. It does have exceptional vigour this year (the candles are
about as long as the plant is high: 6-8" a piece). Normal? Weird? Should I
patent it and make millions?
-joe
ottawa

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 30-05-2003, 04:20 PM
John Biel

"Joe St. Lawrence" wrote:

I have a Scots pine started from seed 3 years ago that is covered in pollen
producing cones. Has anyone seen them hit puberty this early? -- it seems a
bit crazy to me. It does have exceptional vigour this year (the candles are
about as long as the plant is high: 6-8" a piece). Normal? Weird? Should I
patent it and make millions?

Joe, I haven't got a clue what would cause this, but perhaps you could get a
government grant to investigate it? ;-)

John

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++