GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] ADMIN: Bonsai vendors (REPLY TO ME) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/34608-%5Bibc%5D-admin-bonsai-vendors-reply-me.html)

Jim Lewis 28-06-2003 05:20 PM

[IBC] ADMIN: Bonsai vendors (REPLY TO ME)

We desperately need to update the vendor list in the FAQ. It's
useless now -- or mostly so.

So, I need your help. Please send TO ME . . . NOT TO THE LIST! .
.. . the names, address, and phone #, e-mail, & web page addresses
of vendors IN YOUR AREA, along with ONE or TWO lines about their
specialties. World Wide!

I'll weed out the inevitable duplicates, probably ask for
clarification here and there, then compile it in some way. I'll
send it to the list for you all to print out, comment on, suggest
revisions or additions, etc., AND then to our webmaster, John
Jarrett so he can do whatever needs to be done to replace the old
listing.

I DO NOT WANT INFO ON VENDORS YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH! -- none
of the "I have heard that joe blow's shop is nice." If you
haven't been there, I don't want it.

Vendors may, of course, send the info direct.

Again, SEND IT TO ME!

DO NOT SEND IT TO THE LIST.

This all will take some time, so have patience -- through I'd
like the info from you ASAP.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL -- Bonsai List
manager

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

JRA BONSAI 29-06-2003 02:56 AM

[IBC] ADMIN: Bonsai vendors (REPLY TO ME)

Jim,

Per your request:

Adams' Bonsai
1721 Langhoorne Road
Lynchburg, VA 24503

work phone:434-845-3456
home phone:434-374-7951
e-mail:

visitors by appointment only.
Currently no web site.
Specialties: fire annealed copper wire, grower of high quality prebonsai
(medium-large Scots pines as well as hard to find varieties of azalea,
Japanese maples, tridents, hornbeam, elms, etc.
Also low cost Japanese bonsai tools.

Thanks!
Julian Adams
Hobbyist out of control

Jim Lewis 29-06-2003 02:08 PM

[IBC] ADMIN: Bonsai vendors (REPLY TO ME)

OK folks. I've had 7 responses from Australia, THREE from the
USA, and NONE from anywhere else.

humanfly 29-06-2003 11:56 PM

[IBC] ADMIN: Bonsai vendors (REPLY TO ME)

Let me apologise in advance for this puerile jingoistic outburst...

Sorry.

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi!

****

****