Old 08-07-2003, 02:44 PM
HALRAE

Default [IBC] Tipuana

Hiya Folks

I have been given some Tipuana, has any one tried these as Bonsai, and if
you have, how are they going and have you had to do any thing special.

Thanks

Halrae

Western Australia

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 08-07-2003, 05:46 PM
Bill Butler

I haven't done this one. But from what I can find on the web, it
looks like the leaves are put out in large lengths (8-10 inches) of
compound leaves (25 leaves on one branchlet by my count). If that is
so, this could be very hard to do as bonsai. I say this because it is
the same reason that pecan trees do not make good bonsai. I'd love to
do a broom style pecan, but each time the tree would leaf out, it
would send out a foot long branchlet of 13 leaves.

But hey, that really hasn't stopped me from planting all those pecans
just to see what will come up!

Bill Butler

On 8 Jul 2003 06:18:46 -0700, (HALRAE) wrote:

Hiya Folks

I have been given some Tipuana, has any one tried these as Bonsai, and if
you have, how are they going and have you had to do any thing special.

Thanks
Halrae
Western Australia

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: