Old 11-08-2003, 06:10 AM
JOEL MCCORMICK

Default [IBC] Low buck misting system

Just wanted to pass this info on to those who may be interested in setting up their own automatic misting system.

I set up my own mister system including 5 mister heads, tubing, a timer that I can set for up to 4 watering times a day, 7 days a week, all for 75.00 dollars (US) CHEAP!!!!. I have been using it all summer and I am very happy with my luck (maybe skill now)
at rooting cuttings and I wanted to share my information with all of you. The mister was in a do it yourself kit and I bought it at Lowes. What I did was I set the whole thing up under my deck, I have about 5 feet of clearance under my deck and this gives
me a framework to attach the mister to and it provides shade/ dapple light. If you do not have a deck that you can get under you may need to build a frame of some type.

Anyway, you can find information on the mister kit at http://www.misterlandscaper.com/mlmislanstar.html The whole kit which was more than I needed was only 50 bucks. I spent 25 on the watering timer, you may chose a cheaper one to meet your needs.

Anyhow, I set the misters up upside down in the rafters of the decking, I only used 3 of the five misters and I get great results. It was so simple to set it up. The only tools needed was scissors and a hammer to hang it up with hooks. I am 100 percent hap
py with my low buck mister system so I thought I would pass this information on to those who may benefit from it.

If this does not interest you then that is fine also.

Big Joel

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Buck eye bloom MPM Garden Photos 0 28-04-2009 06:06 PM
How do you get the most bang for your fruit & vege buck? James Edible Gardening 36 21-02-2007 12:31 PM
Misting problem in sprinkler system John Scarpulla Lawns 0 24-04-2005 06:53 PM
[IBC] Fw: wanting to share my Low Buck Misting system Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 10-08-2003 02:12 PM
Misting System Broken Sam Bass Texas 0 05-04-2003 11:10 AM