Old 12-09-2003, 02:23 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Fall is felling

Grammar aside, it certainly is quiet on the list lately (AND on
the gallery, for that matter). I've even checked rec.arts.bonsai
just in case my ISP's new (and super excellent!) spam control has
been catching IBC posts, but no . . . we just don't seem to have
anything to say. (?) Last week I could have blamed it on the
big do in New York. Maybe some of the attendees elected to take
a few extra days.

We're having a spate of delightfully cool days here. It's ALMOST
like fall, but I know we'll have a few 90-degree days yet before
true fall weather arrives. A few of my trees are taking
advantage of the cooler temps to put on a late spurt of green,
but most have already told their leaves to shut down. It seems
to be happening earlier this year than in the past. Dunno why.
(Of course, we're all starting to keep an eye on that storm out
in the Atlantic -- Isabel, a BIG one!) Both of my Osage oranges
are dropping leaves and will be bare by the end of next week.
Even some of them in the hedge along my drive are looking a bit
ragged.

I'll be away for the next three days (up to the North Carolina
piedmont to pick up my wife's birthday present [a new pony cart]
and visit my son and his wife in Durham). Traffic here as been
so lo, I may not even bother to go nomail. Reiner is off to New
Zealand and other points down under to do some workshops, etc..
Nic is already there, I think, but not hooked up yet. So, you're
"leader"less.

Be good.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Stop Network Rail Tree Felling VQSV United Kingdom 6 21-01-2006 11:41 PM
tree felling landscapeadvice United Kingdom 15 08-12-2005 07:45 AM
I am looking for Tree Felling Insurance ?? United Kingdom 2 19-09-2003 06:22 PM
[IBC] Fall is felling Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 12-09-2003 02:27 AM
Tree Felling Siggy United Kingdom 17 22-08-2003 06:17 AM