Old 17-09-2003, 12:44 AM
Andy Rutledge

Default [IBC] Bonsai Art - Worlds Within Worlds

Hi all,

I've put together a pictorial thingy at
http://www.bonsaitodayonline.com/worldswithin/main1.htm with some really
nice bonsai. Hope you like it.

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge
www.bonsai365.com/
zone 8, Texas

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 17-09-2003, 02:15 AM
Jim Lewis

Hi all,

I've put together a pictorial thingy at
http://www.bonsaitodayonline.com/worldswithin/main1.htm with

some really
nice bonsai. Hope you like it.

Some astounding trees, Andy and very nice photos. The pics are
obviously from Japan, but where? Most (except for the
"Exhibition, which I liked a lot!) weren't on formal display, the
backgrounds show that. A nursery?

Your preference for pines is showing. ;-)

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 17-09-2003, 02:23 AM
Andy Rutledge

Some astounding trees, Andy and very nice photos. The pics are
obviously from Japan, but where? Most (except for the
"Exhibition, which I liked a lot!) weren't on formal display, the
backgrounds show that. A nursery?
Your preference for pines is showing. ;-)
Jim Lewis -

-------------------

Thanks Jim. The photos were taken at a couple of different nurseries in
Japan (Mr. Suzuki's, Mr. Kobayashi's and Mr. Kamiya's) by a photographer who
wishes to remain anonymous. I just tweaked them here and there. Sure, I
like pines, but actually these were merely the images that had the right mix
of candid/formal composition I was going for in this feature. Glad you like

Old 17-09-2003, 08:03 AM
Jerry Meislik

Andy,
Very nice pictorial. Quite a different approach to the tree and art.
Jerry Meislik
Whitefish Montana USA
Zone 4-5
http://www.bonsaihunk.8m.com/
Hi all,

I've put together a pictorial thingy at
http://www.bonsaitodayonline.com/worldswithin/main1.htm with some really
nice bonsai. Hope you like it.

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge
www.bonsai365.com/
zone 8, Texas

************************************************** ****************************
**

Old 17-09-2003, 02:12 PM
Craig Cowing

Andy Rutledge wrote:

Hi all,

I've put together a pictorial thingy at
http://www.bonsaitodayonline.com/worldswithin/main1.htm with some really
nice bonsai. Hope you like it.

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge
www.bonsai365.com/
zone 8, Texas

Thanks for the pictures, Andy. #8 in the first part really struck me. It looks
like a Japanese Maple--is that it?

Craig Cowing
NY
zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

Old 17-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Andy Rutledge

Old 17-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL

Andy,

The trees are incredible and your presentation was fantastic. Thanks for
sharing - I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Jeff Isom
Cleveland, OH / Sunset Zone 39

--------------------

****

Old 17-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Craig Cowing

Thanks for the pictures, Andy. #8 in the first part really struck me. It

looks
like a Japanese Maple--is that it?
Craig Cowing

--------------------

Right, that's a japanese mountain maple - ("momiji" for us elitists) ;-)
It's an example of where the overall quality of the tree is so incredible
that the usually disturbing flaw in the structure is thoroughly overpowered
by the stunning image. This is a very good tree.

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge
www.bonsai365.com/
zone 8, Texas

What would you see as the flaw? The rather sharp bend in the lower trunk? I guess
I wouldn't see that as a flaw but a major feature. Anyway, it's a wonderful tree.
Do you know the height of it?

Craig Cowing
NY
zone 5b/6a sunset 37

Old 17-09-2003, 03:12 PM
Andy Rutledge

What would you see as the flaw? The rather sharp bend in the lower trunk?

I guess
I wouldn't see that as a flaw but a major feature. Anyway, it's a

wonderful tree.
Do you know the height of it?
Craig Cowing

The flaw is the reverse taper in the upper trunk. See, you didn't notice
it! ;-) That's what I'm talking about. That's a successful bonsai.

I don't know the height, but judging from the photo, it appears to be
between 20" and 24" in height.