Old 25-09-2003, 05:02 PM
dalecochoy

Default [IBC] Tokoname and more

Folks,
The other day Iris brought up a question about a Tokoname pot.
I was just looking at John Oldlands website about bonsai asia. and noticed great stuff on it about the Tokoname AREA , kilns, pottery walk, dealers, etc. Also mucho great info about everything relating to bonsai in Japan. A great website John!
If you have an interest in "Tokoname Pots" and just where they come from ( not from one kiln!) check it out. Lots of great info there.
www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Palace/7574/Japan.html

Regards,
Dale Cochoy, Wild Things Bonsai Studio, Hartville, Ohio
http://www.WildThingsBonsai.Com
Specializing in power wood carving tools.
Yakimono no Kokoro bonsai pottery of hand-built stoneware

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 25-09-2003, 05:12 PM
Jim Lewis

Folks,
The other day Iris brought up a question about a Tokoname pot.
I was just looking at John Oldlands website about bonsai asia.
and noticed great stuff on it about the Tokoname AREA , kilns,
pottery walk, dealers, etc. Also mucho great info about
everything relating to bonsai in Japan. A great website John!
If you have an interest in "Tokoname Pots" and just where they
come from ( not from one kiln!) check it out. Lots of great info
there.
www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Palace/7574/Japan.html

============

And that was another interesting part of Bill V's little book.
Each picture had the source of pot and the SPECIFIC KILN it came
from listed.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 25-09-2003, 07:12 PM
Ab Demmendal

you may also try www.tokonameware.com to see seals and signatures of the
makers.
Ab

****

****
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

more and more from Faerie Holler as I can send 'em madgardener Garden Photos 0 11-07-2007 03:02 PM
Tokoname Pottery Lou Catalano Bonsai 0 01-02-2005 01:17 AM
[IBC] FW: [IBC] Tokoname and more Mark Hill Bonsai 0 25-09-2003 05:42 PM