Old 05-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Andy Rutledge

Default [IBC] 2004 Winter Silhouette Bonsai Display Contest

Hi all,

I'm excited to announce the 2004 Winter Silhouette Bonsai Display Contest,
sponsored by BTO Journal. I hope that many of you will enter and I look
forward to seeing the beautiful displays.

http://www.bonsaitodayonline.com/win...laycontest.htm

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge, Editor
BTO Journal www.bonsaitodayonline.com

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 07-10-2003, 08:22 AM
Pat Patterson

G'day Andy...

I'm glad to hear that you are excited about your winter silhouette contest.

First, let me state that I don't have a winter silhouette in my collection that
would be worthy of this competition...so, no axe to grind.

Onward...my humble opinion follows...

I think it inappropriate to use IBC as a platform to advertise a contest that
is limited to BTO subscribers (or did I miss something?). I believe that there
are 490 something subscribers to the IBC list, and who knows how many others
using it, fewer than half (my guess) of whom subscribe to BTO. If the contest
is limited to BTO subscribers, why not advertise in BTO? I know...new
subscribers...

There's just something that rubs me the wrong way...

End of opinion...

What I, a non-subscriber (see note below), have seen of BTO I think is very
well done, and I wish that I could subscribe... and, which ever way it goes, I
wish you well with the contest.

Have a good day...and contest.

Pat

NOTE: Non-subscriber (BTO), retired, limited income...and, I just choose to use
my limited excess resources elsewhere.

Dez of the Arizona High Dezert, at 4550', Oracle, AZ,
2000' above Tucson Sunset Zone 10 USDA Zone 8
aka: Pat Patterson 'riding off in all directions'

Old 07-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Andy Rutledge

Hi Pat (Dez?),

I appreciate your opinion on this, but note that no one has ever complained
when other contests requiring a membership in this or that organization are
announced on this forum. This would seem to be an inconsistent standard.

So if the IBC is an inappropriate platform for announcing bonsai activities
that benefit the bonsai community, a community that simply IS made up of
members of different organizations and subscribers to various magazines,
let's establish a consistent standard and eleminate *all* references to such
things rather than get upset when one you don't appreciate does what all
others do.

I appreciate your further kind comments and well wishes.

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge
zone 8, Texas
membership in any of those organizations.

[...]

****

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++