Old 16-11-2003, 03:42 PM
Jim

Default [IBC] Bonsai Chat Nov 17

You are invited to visit the weekly bonsai chat on StarChat every

Monday and Thursday evenings at 8 PM EST (0100 Tuesday/Friday GMT).

for more help and information just click on the link below:

http://www.InternetbonsaiClub.org/

Jim Harwood Zone 7b

Central Arkansas

++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 18-11-2003, 08:42 AM
Geoff Hobson

I went on at 1am my time, and waited untill 1.15 then I gave up No one
except me there what happened?
Geoff

****
++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old 18-11-2003, 02:22 PM
Jim Lewis

You timing must be off. Don't know where you are, but double
check your time zone correlation. I'm not a real regular
participant, but there's almost always someone there at 8 p.m.
Eastern STANDARD time and I've found the place to be fairly busy
until 10:30 p.m. (my bedtime ;-). I don't know how much later it
goes.

Monday's often are busier than Thursday.

***********
****
++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++

***********
****
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail

+++++

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

03/11/2003

***************

Old 18-11-2003, 10:42 PM
Geoff Hobson

Jim I was going by your invitation, it said 0100 gmt that was when I was
there, I have no idea what EST is I am in UK,
Geoff.

Old 18-11-2003, 11:02 PM
Jim Lewis

1 a.m. should have been OK. I wasn't there at all last week, so
can't tell you who was. I've copied this to Jim Harwood and
maybe he can add to the discussion.

Jim I was going by your invitation, it said 0100 gmt that was

when I was
there, I have no idea what EST is I am in UK,
Geoff.

You timing must be off. Don't know where you are, but double
check your time zone correlation. I'm not a real regular
participant, but there's almost always someone there at 8

p.m.
Eastern STANDARD time and I've found the place to be fairly

busy
until 10:30 p.m. (my bedtime ;-). I don't know how much

later it
goes.

Monday's often are busier than Thursday.

Jim Lewis -
- Tallahassee, FL - The
phrase

Old 19-11-2003, 12:42 AM
Geoff Hobson

Ok Jim, I will try again on Thursday night,
I think I did it right, I downloaded MIRC and installed it, then went on and
to #bonsai and it let me in. I tried another room to make sure it was
working too.
Geoff.

Old 19-11-2003, 12:42 AM
Jim Lewis

You can doublecheck by signing on via the web interface. It is
VERY clumsy (but what _I_ use). Instructions at

"Jim" wrote in message
[...]

(
http://www.grisoft.com).
03/11/2003

***************
++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl

Rosner++++

***************
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

03/11/2003

---

04/11/2003

***************

Old 19-11-2003, 12:43 AM
Nicolas Steenhout

I considered making this a private reply, but for other folks who may be
interested in joining the chat, this can be confusing...

Going into the channel named bonsai (#bonsai) is not sufficient. You have
to first select the proper network to go to. In this case, I believe we're
having the chats on Starchat, any servers under that name would work.

Otherwise, it's a bit like saying that we're meeting at the King George
hotel, without specifying which town we're meeting in.

Hope this helps

[IBC] Bonsai Chat Nov 1 jim Bonsai 0 31-10-2004 05:00 PM
[IBC] BONSAI Digest - 22 Nov 2003 to 23 Nov 2003 (#2003-327) Michael Hagedorn Bonsai 0 25-11-2003 05:22 AM
[IBC] Bonsai Chat Nov 24 Jim Bonsai 0 23-11-2003 03:12 PM
[IBC] Bonsai Chat Nov 10 Jim Bonsai 0 09-11-2003 04:02 PM
[IBC] Bonsai chat Nov 3 Jim Bonsai 0 02-11-2003 03:02 PM