Old 06-12-2003, 08:12 PM
kevin bailey

Default [IBC] Cryptomeria & Nikko

A quick Google confirms Jim's views of this area. Take a look at
http://www.pref.tochigi.jp/kokusai/e...ew/nature.html

The images loaded quite slowly for me but the wait was worthwhile.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales

---

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 06-12-2003, 08:32 PM
Jim Lewis

A quick Google confirms Jim's views of this area. Take a look
at
http://www.pref.tochigi.jp/kokusai/e...ew/nature.html

The images loaded quite slowly for me but the wait was

worthwhile.

There's a nice picture of the Cryptomeria avenue. Thanks, Kevin.

BTW, I think Kanuma soil comes from this prefecture.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only to the
white man was nature a wilderness -- Luther Standing Bear
(Ogallala Sioux Chief)

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 06-12-2003, 11:14 PM
Bart Thomas

A quick Google confirms Jim's views of this area. Take a look
at
http://www.pref.tochigi.jp/kokusai/e...ew/nature.html

The images loaded quite slowly for me but the wait was

worthwhile.

There's a nice picture of the Cryptomeria avenue. Thanks, Kevin.

Jim:

I thought he was asking about the forest of Giant crytomeria

A photo can be seen at:

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~fc8m-stu/takahashi.html

These are HUGE trees!

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 07-12-2003, 12:21 AM
MartyWeiser

I agree with Jim that Nikko is well worth visiting again. I was there on
business and had dinner at an Inn that we were told has been in continuous
operation since the early days of Tokogawa Shogunate (it was very nice - our
hosts were trying to get us to buy from them). We then drove up to see the
temples and shrines at about 11 pm in the fog and it very surreal. It was
mid June so I set my alarm for 4 am and walked over and through as the fog
lifted and the sun rose. It was spectacular even if I did not get to see
the inside. The trees near the temples seemed to me to be far larger than
those in the picture along the avenue that was referenced.

Marty

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++