Old 15-12-2003, 01:26 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Gallery posts

I have been trying to post some pictures of trees I purchased yesterday from
Jim Smith. I am not sure of my success, and at least one is blank.
One is a Ficus nerifolia (salisifolia) '89. This variety of the popular
"Willow Leaf Fig" resulted from a cold snap at the nursery in 1989. It has
slightly larger leaves that regular F. nerifolia,
The other is a Neea buxifolia.
Both are in 12 inch bulb pots. The Ficus is about two by two feet and the
Neea is three feet high. Both have trunks in excess of two inches.
I hope to have both in bonsai pots when the weather warms up. Well, maybe
not the Neea. It will depend upon how drastic I prune it. I may have to cut
back to one main trunk and develop all new branches.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
Bonsai Societies of Florida Annual Convention Memorial Day Weekend 2004
Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral, Florida A HREF="www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org"www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/A

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++