Old 29-12-2003, 10:42 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] First Bonsai: Schefflera

Schefflera make difficult Bonsai when as small as yours because the leaves
want to be bigger. To keep the leaves as small as possible provide as much
direct sun as possible, don't fertilize and keep larger leaves pruned off. This is
a tropical plant and will not stand temperatures below about 40 F. It does
like a lot a water.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

I have just received my first Bonsai plant: a Schefflera about 6" high.
I'd
be grateful for advice on how to approach feeding, trimming, etc. As far as
trimming goes, the best way for me to get the gist of it is to get
information about several different options, each of which might perhaps
affect shape and leaf size. That way I can choose what I think I'd like
best. A recommendation for a how-to book is also in order.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 29-12-2003, 02:12 PM
Jim Lewis

I have just received my first Bonsai plant: a Schefflera about
6" high. I'd
be grateful for advice on how to approach feeding, trimming,

etc. As far as
trimming goes, the best way for me to get the gist of it is to

get
information about several different options, each of which

might perhaps
affect shape and leaf size. That way I can choose what I think

I'd like
best. A recommendation for a how-to book is also in order.

Check out our web page for the book reviews as well as for some
info on "indoor" bonsai. Address below.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only to the
white man was nature a wilderness -- Luther Standing Bear
(Ogallala Sioux Chief)

Old 29-12-2003, 03:05 PM
Alan Walker

You may also want to check this site: