GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Bonsai or rather Penjing in Beijing (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/50432-%5Bibc%5D-bonsai-rather-penjing-beijing.html)

Henrik Gistvall 17-01-2004 04:34 PM

[IBC] Bonsai or rather Penjing in Beijing

I wonder if any one might have information on public exhibitions or
other bonsai/penjing related stuff in Beijing.

Henrik Gistvall, Uppsala, Sweden

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mark Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Alan Walker 17-01-2004 05:13 PM

[IBC] Bonsai or rather Penjing in Beijing

Henrik: You will find penjing all over Beijing, but there really isn't a
big public display dedicated to penjing other than the Potted Landscape
Garden display at the Beijing Botanical Garden.
http://cbw.com/btm/issue54/p32-33.html
I'm sure you must already be aware of the Bonsai in Asia
Guidebook, but just in case, you can find it at
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Palac...china.html#bbg
It has lots of information about bonsai travel in Asia, sorted by
country.
When I just checked there, it also referred me to a site by
Dianne Miller of New Zealand, Bonsai Inspirations from China at
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Palac...a/dmchina.html It has a
nice slide show and excellent contact information.
Alan Walker