Old 20-01-2004, 06:33 AM
Glyn Williams

Default [IBC] bonsai food gone bad.

In 3 words, take it back. It has obviously gone off as it
should be a liquid with no solid material at all.

I use the Pokon Bonsai fertiliser, and though it is not
that strong, I have had great results with it. I use it as
indicated on the bottle and the results speak for
themselves. All of my trees have shown tremendous growth
over the last 6 months that I have been using it.

The thing that I like about it is that it is slow release
and is as easy as watering your trees. I have even used it
on miniature roses and they have also grown quite well.

Glyn Williams
South Africa

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:01:24 EST
"Billy M. Rhodes" wrote:
In a message dated 1/19/2004 4:33:34 PM Eastern Standard
Time,
writes:

POKON 4-4-4

I am not familiar with the brand. What you describe
sounds bad. But 4-4-4
is a fairly weak fertilizer so if you follow package
directions it is unlikely
to cause any damage.
However, I think I would take it back to the seller and
ask for a refund,
then go buy a good product like Peter's 14-14-14 or a
similar mix of Miracle
Grow.
Anything sold as "Bonsai" fertilizer is over priced and
fertilizer is like
gasoline, the same formula produces the same results no
matter who the seller.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel,
Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the
Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mark
Zimmerman++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit my website at
http://glyn4life.tripod.com/bonsai-en/
far advice, photos, links and details about my own
projects.

If you need any help, contact me at

Your Bonsai-Buddy,
Glyn
Look Good, Feel Good
www.healthiest.co.za

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mark Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 20-01-2004, 06:08 PM
Henrik Gistvall

IMHO pokon bonsai fertilizer is overpriced, you get the same or better
results with regular pokon fertilizer for potted plants or cheaper
fertilizers of other brands. I would not pay money for someone else to
dilute the product. I doubt that there is something like "slow release"
when it comes to liquid fertilizers especially when it comes to bonsai
growing in well draining media and watered daily.

Henrik Gistvall, Uppsala, sweden