Old 22-02-2004, 01:02 AM
Andy Rutledge

Default [IBC] how long to leave on wire

Hi James,

----- Original Message -----
From: "James"
I recently repotted and wired a pine (Austrian pine) and am wondering =
how long it generally takes a pine to "set" into position. I am =
familiar enough with deciduous trees, but this is the first pine I have =
wired. It was salvaged three years ago from a landscape change and has =
been growing in a bonsai pot for the last two years.
James

--------------------

There is no answer to this. The wire needs to be left on as long as is
appropriate - if you wired tightly you can't leave it on very long or it
will begin to bite into the branches. If you wired loosely you can leave it
on longer, but depending on how much you fertilize, water, and how much
vigor the tree has, it may need to be left on for a couple of months or a
year or so.

This is something that you just have to discern on your own. Unwire when
you think (or see) it is time to and see if the branches hold. If not,
rewire and try again. If so, you're done.

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge
www.andyrutledge.com/palaver/main.htm
zone 8, Texas

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

how long to leave on wire James Bonsai 0 22-02-2004 12:05 AM
How long to leave lights on? Aku, Shapeshifting Master Of Darkness Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 18-07-2003 10:16 AM
How long to leave lights on? Aku, Shapeshifting Master Of Darkness Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 08-06-2003 05:56 AM
How long should I leave my lights on? Bill Beam Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 20-04-2003 06:26 AM
How long should I leave my lights on? Bill Beam Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 08-04-2003 07:08 AM