GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Crab apple root gall (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/54699-%5Bibc%5D-crab-apple-root-gall.html)

Kitsune Miko 14-03-2004 09:03 PM

[IBC] Crab apple root gall

--- Nina Shishkoff wrote:
Anita said:
Lucky? Well, so far! The cedar-apple rust is a

different species from the
cedar-hawthorn rust, I believe. Our own Nina

Shishkoff authored an
excellent
short article on the rusts in the ABS's journal

not long ago (would be
worthwhile to have that on the Web somewhere!).

I merely co-authored that paper; most of the work
was done by Andy Walsh.
It's a good paper to consult for the host range of
the 3 major juniper
gall rusts.

Nina

Nina,

Merely co-authoring a paper makes you an expert in my
book, I for one haven't even read the paper.

Kitsune Miko

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Nina Shishkoff 14-03-2004 09:07 PM

[IBC] Crab apple root gall

I am now wondering if there's any link between these and a type of
woolly aphids that appear annually on the same apple trees.

The gall aphids on apple are the same aphids that feed on elm foliage,
oddly enough. So if you have elms in your yard, you will have to watch
your apples for root galls!

Nina.