Old 28-03-2004, 07:42 PM
MadSweeney

Default sago palms

are the soil requirements for a sago palm the same as the reqs for other
bonsai when planting them in a bonsai pot?

Old 29-03-2004, 03:28 AM
cam

Hi:

I personally use the same sort of soil. I suppose any soil that's
porous and drains will will work though.

Sago's like to dry out between waterings. I think Bonsai soil lends
itself well for that.

Here's a pic of my Sago:

http://www.bonsaichat.com/galleryView.asp?picID=4

Cam

Old 29-03-2004, 03:44 AM
MadSweeney

thanks, i put it in a bigger pot, let it get roots. is a very snug, round
pot the preferred style? and how much drying out? i live in los angeles,
it's hot and dry in the summer, and today! couple of days? a week?
om...

Old 29-03-2004, 03:44 AM
MadSweeney

"cam" wrote in message
om...
Hi:

I personally use the same sort of soil. I suppose any soil that's
porous and drains will will work though.

Sago's like to dry out between waterings. I think Bonsai soil lends
itself well for that.

Here's a pic of my Sago:

http://www.bonsaichat.com/galleryView.asp?picID=4

Cam

sago palms and scale spindlewood Gardening 1 14-10-2004 01:46 PM
Sago Palms SomeGuy Gardening 2 15-03-2004 03:46 AM
Sago Palms SomeGuy Gardening 0 14-03-2004 03:43 PM
sago palms agnatha3141 Gardening 4 26-11-2003 04:11 AM
Hardy Palms - long (was Trachycarpus Fortunei Palms) [email protected] United Kingdom 0 23-11-2002 04:15 AM