Old 01-04-2004, 06:54 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Deer fly trap

If you live in an area where deer flies are a pesky problem, read
this: http://ufinsect.ifas.ufl.edu/deerfly_trap.htm

If you've never heard of, been bitten by, or seen a deer fly,
read it and chuckle.

A "human" trap (the article primarily describes them for use on
slow-moving vehicles on farms (but a golf cart would work at
home!)) can be made as described on the web page (but that looks
silly! If that bothers you.) A Construction hard hat, painted
blue and spread with tanglefoot or, according to a letter in
FloridaAgriculture Magazine, the engine additive STP, reportedly
does well for people working in their yards, etc. (FINALLY --
something STP really works on!)

Anyway, read and take heed -- or laugh.

(We have a blue pickup truck -- hmmm. ;-)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 01-04-2004, 06:54 PM
Nina Shishkoff

When I was a teenager, I made a model of a big dragonfly with a clay body and clear wings, and I put it on the end of a thin, springy wire, and attached it to my sunglasses when I rode my bike, so it looked like a dragonfly was flying over my head.

No deerflies.

Nina.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 01-04-2004, 06:58 PM
dalecochoy

Old 01-04-2004, 06:58 PM
dalecochoy

Old 01-04-2004, 06:58 PM
Robert Seele

On Wednesday, March 31, 2004, at 11:04 AM, dalecochoy wrote:

P.S. I just thought, some younger people may have no idea what a slide
rule
is....It's a "manual calculator" , you can get one in an antique shop!
:)

A slide is a hand held calculator that works without batteries or
another source of electric.

Bob Seele
Nicely outside of Chicago
Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler :
Albert Einstein

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 01-04-2004, 06:58 PM
Robert Seele

On Wednesday, March 31, 2004, at 11:04 AM, dalecochoy wrote:

P.S. I just thought, some younger people may have no idea what a slide
rule
is....It's a "manual calculator" , you can get one in an antique shop!
:)

A slide is a hand held calculator that works without batteries or
another source of electric.

Bob Seele
Nicely outside of Chicago
Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler :
Albert Einstein

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Moles - to trap or not to trap clarissa United Kingdom 20 01-10-2007 08:26 AM
any help please,,, White fly,,, green fly and black fly gARY United Kingdom 0 30-04-2004 12:10 AM
[IBC] Deer fly trap Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 01-04-2004 05:37 PM
[IBC] Deer fly trap Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 01-04-2004 12:31 PM
Venus Fly Trap... Marcus Fox United Kingdom 3 04-12-2002 11:08 AM