Old 01-04-2004, 06:58 PM
kirby Johnson

Default repotting

I have a bougainvillea and it desperately needs to be repotted. How do I
keep the soil from exiting threw the drainage holes? This is my first time
to repot anything, and I would appreciate any advice.

- Kirby Johnson

Old 01-04-2004, 06:58 PM
rschmitt23

Sorta depends on the size of the holes in the pot. If small (half-inch or
less) plastic window screen from your local hardware store works fine. Just
cut a piece to fit over the holes. For larger holes, the classic bonsai
approach is 8-mesh wire screen held in place with clips fashioned from 12 or
14 gauge copper wire. You can combine the functions of the wire to both hold
the screen in place and also to hold the plant securely to the pot. The
Bonsai Primer is a good source of info on this stuff

http://www.bonsaiprimer.com/repotting/repottin.html

Later
--
Ray Schmitt, Aliso Viejo, CA
Cold Hardiness Zone 10b

. ..

Old 01-04-2004, 06:58 PM
rschmitt23

[...]

[IBC] Repotting- Newbie question Luis Fontanills Bonsai 6 01-04-2003 07:20 AM
repotting. Buridan Bonsai 0 15-02-2003 09:03 PM
[IBC] Trunk chop and repotting Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 0 30-01-2003 11:36 AM
Trunk chop and repotting ss Bonsai 2 30-01-2003 04:37 AM
Repotting Phalanopsis Greg Orchids 5 26-01-2003 04:09 AM