Old 17-04-2004, 07:45 PM
Samuel Gomez

Default [IBC] Boxwood project

Hi all,

Yesterday I posted a question regarding the live oak style. Now I see that
the boxwood I am planning to work with does not fit this style. I have
posted some pictures in the potensai gallery.

http://internetbonsaiclub.org/galler...opic.php?t=906

Any suggestions/comments are always welcome.

Kind regards.

Samuel

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 17-04-2004, 07:45 PM
Craig Cowing

Samuel Gomez wrote:

Hi all,

Yesterday I posted a question regarding the live oak style. Now I see that
the boxwood I am planning to work with does not fit this style. I have
posted some pictures in the potensai gallery.

http://internetbonsaiclub.org/galler...opic.php?t=906

Any suggestions/comments are always welcome.

Kind regards.

Samuel

Really nice trunk. It would be good for what Walter Pall calls the "informal
broom" style. Perhaps if Walter's still reading the list he could remind us what is
involved in that.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 17-04-2004, 07:45 PM
Kitsune Miko

--- Samuel Gomez
wrote:
Hi all,

Yesterday I posted a question regarding the live oak
style. Now I see that
the boxwood I am planning to work with does not fit
this style. I have
posted some pictures in the potensai gallery.

http://internetbonsaiclub.org/galler...opic.php?t=906

Any suggestions/comments are always welcome.

Kind regards.

Samuel

++++Sponsored, in part, by John
Quinn++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

=====
"Art does not take kindly to facts, is helpless to grapple with theories, and is killed outright by a sermon." Agnes Ropplier
(added to the above)
"How many things in life do we bludgeon with facts, render helpless with theories, and kill with sermons? If art can help us go beyond these patterns, we certainly need it in our lives." Anne Wilson Schaef From, "Women Who Do Too Much Calandar 2004."

Old 17-04-2004, 07:45 PM
Kitsune Miko

Looks like a boxwood to me. Probably Chineese? Nice
material.

May I suggest you have a get aquainted period with ths
plant before you do anything major? Most good
material is done in because the new owner adds
styling/repotting stress to a tree that has recieved
unknown stress befor the aquisition.

This type of boxwood grows quicker than the
Kingsville, but is slow compared to say an elm or
maple. It can sprout out from the trunk. I would
develop some longer branches to give the tree a wider
spread.

Kitsune Miko
--- Samuel Gomez