Old 20-04-2004, 05:04 PM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] Kusamura Bonsai Annual Show, 44th year

The show is this weekend in Cupertino California at De
Anza College both Saturday (12-5) and Sunday (11-5),
in the Campus Center.

Featured demonstrators will include a team on both
days. On Saturday Sandy Planting and Lonnie McMormick
will present. On Sunday Sandy Planting will work
with Jim Ransohoff. Both teams have a high level of
experience and expertise. It will be a good show.
The demonstration trees will be raffled after they are
complete. There are also door prizes.

Kusamura prides itself on including all stages of
bonsai development. We feel this educates the public
to the art form. We have an educational display of
trees long in development with progress photos. This
due to the work of Jim Ransohoff. We also have an in
progress room showing trees that are partially
developed, but not complete enough to be in the main
show.

In addition, there will be a plant sale that includes
trees from member's private collections. Some of
these plants have many years of training. And, no, we
don't use glued on rocks ;-}.

I am show chairman so if anyone wants to see a
caucasian with a Japanees pen name, look me up.

Kitsune Miko
aka Sandy Vrooman

=====
"Art does not take kindly to facts, is helpless to grapple with theories, and is killed outright by a sermon." Agnes Ropplier
(added to the above)
"How many things in life do we bludgeon with facts, render helpless
with theories, and kill with sermons? If art can help us go beyond
these patterns, we certainly need it in our lives."
Anne Wilson Schaef
From, "Women Who Do Too Much Calandar 2004."

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++