Old 31-05-2004, 04:09 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Florida show

Back from the Florida Bonsai Society's show. Good job guys!

I was planning to do a Podocarpus workshop, but then I saw how
BIG they were, and traded it in on a shohin F.
nerifolia/salicifolia workshop with Jim VanLandingham (and Jim
Smith assisting). I'd just finished reading Jerry's EXCELLENT
book on Ficus and thought I should give it a try.

Very nice little tree (pics on the gallery TOMORROW!). The two
Jims liked the results.

THEN, I found a very nice little F. nerifolia in the vendor's
area and got that, too, so I -- the guy who doesn't do indoor
trees -- now have two -- three, actually, since Jackie saw a nice
little (BRACE YOURSELVES!!!) Serissa and SHE bought that (but
I'll probably be responsible for it. :-/ ). I didn't know
Serissa had aerial roots (?) but the vendor insisted it was a
Serissa. _I_ dunno.

I haven't worked up the nerve to take a picture of it yet. Hard
to admit I have one on my shelves. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow,
too.

Also may get a few pics of the display up tomorrow. _I_ liked
the display because smaller trees (shohin, not mame) were
featured heavily.

Anyway, 'twas an enjoyable couple of days.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++