Old 03-02-2003, 08:52 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Greetings from Harare

Just a quick message to any of you who may remember me, Andrew
Field,
to say hello to all my old Bonsai friends from the Bonsai Web!

I am still in Harare, still growing bonsai and still actively

involved
in running the local bonsai community in Zimbabwe.

Politically, things are a touch tough for many in Zimbabwe -

people
have been forced off their land, there is so much instability,

both
politically and economically, that bonsai is a truly great

release at
the end of the day.

I am going to spend a little time on this list to re-establish

contact
with old friends - its been a long time, so I am not sure how

many of
you will remember me!

Andrew
Harare, Zimbabwe

Golly, golly!

Welcome back, Andrew!

I was searching for you a few months back while working on an
article for the list on wintering bonsai -- wanting permission to
re-publish a piece you did for us on wintering tropicals. It was
quite a while ago that you wrote it, but since We'd used it once
and I couldn't find you (despite requests to people attending the
big African meeting in SA) I used it again.

Several of us have been worried about you and the political
situation there. It has gotten a considerable amount of news
coverage here in the USA and via the BBC -- which we insomniacs
listen too in the LATE hours of the night. Glad things are going
well enough that you can still spend time with your trees.

Off and on, we've had quite a contingent from the southern parts
of Africa, but haven't heard from too many of them lately.

A couple of new things since you were here last: Check out the
website (address below, and come join folks on the "new" gallery,
where we exchange pictures of our trees and occasionally redesign
them via computer. Get to the gallery near the end of the first
page of the website. And then, we have twice weekly bonsai
"chats" via "Starchat." More info also on the website -- up at
the top somewhere.

Looking forward to hearing about bonsai in Zimbabwe.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - "People,
when Columbus discovered this country, it was plum full of nuts
and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just
about all gone." -- Uncle Dave Macon, old-time musician

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] Seasons Greetings Kitsune Miko Bonsai 0 25-12-2003 05:32 PM
[IBC] Holiday greetings jklewis Bonsai 0 25-12-2003 05:12 PM
Season's Greetings JCMumsie Gardening 1 25-12-2003 03:12 PM
Greetings fellow gardeners [email protected] Edible Gardening 1 26-08-2003 11:32 PM
Greetings from Harare Andrew Field Bonsai 0 03-02-2003 06:45 PM