Old 03-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] turface suppliers in Middle GA?

"Billy M. Rhodes" wrote:

In a message dated 7/3/2004 2:02:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Hey,
I am looking for someone that sells Turface in the Macon/Warner
Robins/ Perry area of GA. Anyone know of a place, or does anyone in
this area want to split a bag of Turface?
thanks,
Jay

Look in the phone book under Lesco. They supply golf courses. If you can't
find it, call a couple of golf course and ask to speak to the Greens Keeper
and ask him/hir where they buy Turface, if they don't use Turface ask where
they buy their fertilizer, etc. You might also try a city parks dept.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention July 1 - 4, 2005 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Workshops with Jerry Meislik of Whitefish, Montana and Chase Rosade of New
Hope, PA.

Better yet, go to their website:
http://www.turface.com
Give them a call and they will tell you where the nearest distributor is. I did
this when I was living in Maine and found that the only distributor in the entire
state was 2 miles from my house. You'll get a good price, probably $11 or so per
bag.

Craig Cowing
NY
zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 03-07-2004, 01:03 PM
TreeBay

If you go to the turface website and give them a call or email, they are
very good about replying with contact information.

http://www.turface.com (phone numbers are at the bottom of the page.
Ask for"Turface MVP" or you'll be sifting out about 1/4 of the bag as
dust and fines)

By the way, I noticed in one of the soil guides that TerraGreen is
mined in Georgia...

http://tinyurl.com/2bxbn

Regards,

Matt

--
TreeBay - Tips:5¢ Advice:Free

-Carpe Tree-um- (Seize the bonsai!)
'TreeBay Bonsai Tools & Supplies' (http://www.TreeBay.com)
Thank you for supporting bonsaiTALK.
TreeBay's Profile: http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/member.p...tinfo&userid=5
View this thread: http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/showthre...?threadid=7379

Old 03-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Jim Lewis

Hey,
I am looking for someone that sells turface in the Macon/Warner
Robins/ Perry area of GA. Anyone know of a place, or does

anyone in
this area want to split a bag of turface?
thanks,

Check out GRACO. They may not carry "Turface" but the one in
Cairo, GA carries "Mule Mix" and I defy you to tell them apart.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 03-07-2004, 05:02 PM
steez

This is where I get mine. Its relatively close to you too.
http://tinyurl.com/yvopu

Best regards
-Steve

--
steez

Steve
steez's Profile: http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/member.p...fo&userid=1584
View this thread: http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/showthre...?threadid=7379

Old 03-07-2004, 05:02 PM
steez

Here is where I get mine. This is maybe an hours drive for you.

http://tinyurl.com/yvopu

-Steve

Old 03-07-2004, 09:02 PM
steez

The Monastaery is a hours drive north for you.

http://tinyurl.com/yvopu

-Steve

Old 04-07-2004, 06:02 AM
jjpsych

steez wrote in message ...
The Monastaery is a hours drive north for you.

http://tinyurl.com/yvopu

-Steve

Steve,
Thanks, I did not know they were selling turface, i thought they only
sold akadema. I usually buy their soil, but I am going to try buying
the components in bulk and mixing my own.
Oh, to the newsgroup, sorry for the multiple posts, My Internet
Explorer was acting weird last night, and I did not get a post
confirmation. Again,
sorry.
Old 04-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Jim Lewis

Steve,
Thanks, I did not know they were selling turface, i thought

they only
sold akadema. I usually buy their soil, but I am going to try

buying
the components in bulk and mixing my own.

At $14 a bag (I think it was) at the monastery that seems a bit
pricey. Graco sells Mule Mix at $7.50 per 40 or 50 pound bag.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!