Old 07-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Robert J. Baran

Default [IBC] Jades in AZ

Congratulations, Anita and Craig!

About two years ago as we were planning to leave Phoenix for northwest AZ, I
saw such large jades offered at the Garden Dept. of a Super Wal Mart -- for
$42.! At least 5-gallon size. We didn't have any room (2 households of
stuff, several cascading & other bonsai, salt water fish, cats, dog, kids,
etc.) or else I would have picked up at least one Crassula. (I can't
remember if the smaller Wal Mart here in Kingman had any of those...)

In October, contact me if you're anywhere near here and I might have some
decent elephant food (Portulacaria, "dwarf jade," but not 3" diameter) for
you...

Robert J. Baran
Phoenix Bonsai Society
all points AZ

On the Arizona end of the honeymoon (in Oct.) we'll be looking for

nurseries that
specialize in cacti and succulents. Me, I'm looking for a fat ol' jade

plant that
I'd never be able to find out here in the Northeast. Maybe some really

neat cacti
too. I understand the prices are much lower out there for such plants.

Out here a
large jade plant 2' tall, single trunk 3" or so would be well over

$100-150,
probably more. What are prices like out there? Am I going to be

disappointed?

We're planning to box up what we buy out there and have that count as one

piece of
checked luggage each.

Craig Cowing
NY