Old 20-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Acer ruburm pests

Summary of article in Ornamental Outlook, July 2004 by John M. Ruter

Pest symptoms/damage treatment

Maple Tip Borer tips of twigs and maybe synthetic pyrethroids
and maybe base of trunk
show borer damage

Flatheaded Apple base of trunk imidacloprid
Tree Borer

Leafhoppers damage of new growth none listed

Scales leaves and trunk depending dormant oils
upon type of scale

Spider mites defoliation none specific
listed

Ambrosia Beetles attack stressed container none listed
grown trees

Greenstriped Maple don't use Orthene on
Worm Maples

Tar Spot not usually bad enough
to warrant spraying

Bat Canker also brought on by wet weather Best controlled
by
Root Rot over watering in containers goof
cultural practices

more information http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention July 1 - 4, 2005 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Workshops with Jerry Meislik of Whitefish, Montana, Chase Rosade of New Hope,
PA, and Ben Oki of California.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 20-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Jim Lewis

[...]

Thanks, Billy. A suggested control for the ambrosia beetles
would be the BT strain that will take care of Japanese beetles.
Since we don't have J.b's here, I don't know which one that is --
read the label.

Nice to know the list works. This is the first mssg today. For
me.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++