Old 18-08-2004, 09:09 PM
Randall Youngblood

Default HI

HI,
I'm new to bonsai, and to computers too, as it were... Anyone from around
the southwest Louisiana area? I was wondering about supplies, nurseries,
clubs, and other interested individuals in this area.
Any help would certainly be appreciated.
Randall

Old 18-08-2004, 11:08 PM
Alan Walker

Randall: You are in luck. We have a couple of clubs in SWLA. I'm
from Lake Charles and we have an active club here which meets on
the 3rd Tuesday each month at McNeese. Unfortunately, this
month's meeting was last night, so we won't be meeting again
until 21 September. You can learn all about our club and how to
join and where the meetings are, etc. at our web site at:
http://lcbsbonsai.org/ Sorry, our webmaster is having some health
problems, so the calendar page runs a little behind sometimes.
(Like now!)
If you are closer to Lafayette, there is a club there,
also. It is the Bonsai Society of Acadiana which meets on the
1st Wednesday each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Ira Nelson
Horticultural Building, 2206 Johnson Street in Lafayette. Their
web site is defunct, but I'm told they're building a new one.
Welcome to the bonsai community. The IBC here is a great
resource which will nicely compliment our club activities.

Alan Walker

I'm new to bonsai, and to computers too, as it were... Anyone
from around the southwest Louisiana area? I was wondering about
supplies, nurseries, clubs, and other interested individuals in
this area.
Any help would certainly be appreciated.
Randall

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++