Old 14-08-2004, 08:52 PM
Ben Griffin

Default [IBC] Well i made it to LA

My double trunk larch lost half of one of its trees to heat in the car.
Till i covered them all with tin foil which prevented further losses.
I traveled through the desert to get my bonsai's in on dirt roads and
gravel pathways. But they all survived the 8 day trip out here.
Any advice on cultivating my trees in a zone 9 climate would be much
appreciated. As far as the barbados cherry question in zone 7 i
repotted it in the spring and it did well. The yard i have has an
aphid spider mite problem and the woman that im renting the house from
doesn't like pesticides "nor do any of us" but she has a major
problem. I was thinking of treating the trees with systemic pellets.
Or ordering spider mite and aphid predators. Which i doubt would do
any good since they have already established a pretty good hold on the
lemon trees they live in. But the swallowtails and hummingbirds and
blue skies have made up for any hardships of the trip. Im glad to be
here, till winter i shouldn't have any problems. For winter im
thinking of buying a large freezer for my cold hardy plants. Anyway
cheers to all, are there any bonsai nurseries in the Los Angeles area
or suggested plant stores for bonsai material. I took a beautiful
trip through the painted desert on the way out here after i get the
film developed i'll have to post some pictures to the gallery.

Warmest Regards
Ben Griffin

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Well well! mark United Kingdom 6 11-03-2009 11:51 PM
Well well! Gordon H[_3_] United Kingdom 0 11-03-2009 10:23 PM
Well well! Judith in France United Kingdom 0 11-03-2009 05:40 PM
[IBC] Well i made it to LA Nina Shishkoff Bonsai 0 16-08-2004 01:47 PM
[IBC] Well i made it to LA Ben Griffin Bonsai 2 16-08-2004 01:47 PM