Old 16-08-2004, 03:51 AM
Carol Schroeder

Default [IBC] Pine buds growing in August

Hello All,
This past spring I fed all of my 7 pines using a Superfeed fertilizer
ball formula by Michael Persiano. Most of the pines responded with a
great many needles to my delight. One plant, a two-needle young pine,
has three to five buds mostly at the terminals of each branch and the
center bud is now growing and is almost an inch in length. Do I treat
this new growth as I did this past spring? That is, do I discard the
buds not needed and prune back the buds that will soon be an inch long?
This is an abundance of riches, but I'm not sure how to deal with it,
and any advice is welcome and appreciated.

With thanks,
Carol Schroeder
Columbia, MD

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Honeysuckle buds - honeysuckle buds.JPG (1/1) Amos Nomore Garden Photos 1 28-12-2018 03:57 AM
Buds! Buds! NTANTIQUES Roses 21 03-02-2011 04:48 PM
Buds - Buds.jpg Dave Fouchey Garden Photos 4 31-07-2007 02:33 AM
[IBC] Pine buds growing in August Carol Schroeder Bonsai 6 16-08-2004 01:32 PM
[IBC] Advice on Pine Trees (Pine Tree "Farm") Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 03-01-2004 09:28 PM