Old 14-09-2004, 12:53 PM
Anil Kaushik

Default [IBC] Bursera fragroides

Hello Everybody

About five years back I started with two plants of 'Burserra fragroides' (I wander if I spelled it correctly). One of them has been trained into a beautiful "Informal Upright" style but sadly the other one became tall and leggy with the top 1/3rd having all the branches and absolutely bare at the lower 2/3rd. Despite several hard prunings to stimulate branches at the middle and lower part, did not get any response. Now I plan to air-layer near the middle to correct the visual balance. Can I air layer this plant like any other plant? Since it is a succulent plant I am little apprehensive. Can any body suggest any alternative please?

Cordially

Anil Kaushik
Bonsai Club (India)
Chandigarh

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 17-09-2004, 03:38 PM
Anil Kaushik

Hello Everybody

I had posted the following topic on the 14th of September, but there has been no response. I would like to know if sufficient information is not there on this species?

Cordially

Anil Kaushik
Bonsai Club (India)

Old 18-09-2004, 02:56 AM
Anil Kaushik

Marty

No! It is not Bucida, a friend of mine has sent me the following
information.

"Bursera fagaroides (p. 46) - The majority of the specimens of the genus
Bursera are of arborous character, but some Mexican desert species are very
interesting. One of the most beautiful is B. fagaroides with dwarfish
growth. This one and the similar B. morolensis and B. odorata are very
impressive in the culture as "succulent
Bonsai".http://www.rainbowgardensbookshop.com/desert.html

Anil
Bonsai Club (India)

I think you're referring to Bucida. If so, some of our tropical growers

may
be able to help.