GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] bathroom humor (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/84046-re-%5Bibc%5D-bathroom-humor.html)

[email protected] 24-09-2004 04:39 PM

[IBC] bathroom humor

In a message dated 9/24/04 7:53:17 AM, writes:
How about a schefflera?* It sounds like it would be a good environment to
grow aerial roots, and it doesn't demand high light.

The last time I tried a dwarf schefflera, it was a disaster. Whatever floats
your boat.
Iris

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Steven Wachs 24-09-2004 05:27 PM

If you have a window that faces south , unless you live in the southern hemisphere, you should have most available light possible indoors. I keep some small trees in such a location ad they do fantastic. the combination of light and humdity are perfect for many tropicals. You can even grow orchids in such locations.

stevew
LI NY

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Steven Wachs 24-09-2004 05:37 PM

The dwarf Schefelera you refer to I believe is the S.Arbicola? I am trying to develop the roots on a couple that I have. At the moment they are in deep pots so that I can est strong roots for a tree over rock effect. another one outdoors for the summer is doing great I would like to try it in a cascade eventually. It is not a commmon design for shefelera but I think it can be done. I am on a cascade kick and am trying different trees in an effort to make something pleasing.
stevew
LINY

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Iris Cohen 24-09-2004 06:00 PM

You can even grow orchids in such locations.

Depends on which orchids. I won't go there, as it takes a megilla. E-mail me
direct for details.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

Craig Cowing 24-09-2004 07:37 PM

writes:
How about a schefflera? It sounds like it would be a good environment to
grow aerial roots, and it doesn't demand high light.

The last time I tried a dwarf schefflera, it was a disaster. Whatever floats
your boat.
Iris

But I wasn't suggesting you try the schefflera, Iris. ;0) I was suggesting that
the person who made the original inquiry try it. Schefflera is easy to grow, has a
high tolerance for low light, and likes humidity. Sounds like a good bathroom
plant to me.
Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37