Old 24-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Steven Wachs

If you have a window that faces south , unless you live in the southern hemisphere, you should have most available light possible indoors. I keep some small trees in such a location ad they do fantastic. the combination of light and humdity are perfect for many tropicals. You can even grow orchids in such locations.

stevew
LI NY

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 24-09-2004, 05:37 PM
Steven Wachs

The dwarf Schefelera you refer to I believe is the S.Arbicola? I am trying to develop the roots on a couple that I have. At the moment they are in deep pots so that I can est strong roots for a tree over rock effect. another one outdoors for the summer is doing great I would like to try it in a cascade eventually. It is not a commmon design for shefelera but I think it can be done. I am on a cascade kick and am trying different trees in an effort to make something pleasing.
stevew
LINY

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 24-09-2004, 06:00 PM
Iris Cohen

You can even grow orchids in such locations.

Depends on which orchids. I won't go there, as it takes a megilla. E-mail me
direct for details.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."