Old 29-11-2004, 04:30 PM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] Four Out of Five Squirrels Prefer Akadama.

I was on my way out to the yard and garden the other
day when lo what should appear before my very eyes?
Five, count them five furry fellons digging in my
bonsai. Four of them in the newly transplanted stuff
with a mixture of turface and akadama. The fifth,
probably low on the pecking order was nicely digging
in a pot with soil, but no bonsai.

So I went into the house to see what deterrents I
could find. I know moth balls don't work with these
guys. I found a leftover bolt of ahlloween costume
fabric, orange netting. Now the place looks prepared
for a Holoween wedding shower, my shelves are covered
with th netting, some with holes for taller trees and
some draped artistically around groups of smaller
pots.

Question? Do I have to change to red netting for the
coming holiday season.

Kitsune Miko

=====
****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++