Old 14-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Florida freeze

That's NORTH Florida. We're gonna have our first "hard freeze"
of the season tonight and tomorrow night. Temps will be below
freezing for 6-7 hours each night, going down to about 20 F.

I've mulched in all my crape myrtle in pots. Have put a couple
of bougainvillea under plastic, and my few remaining mame in
bonsai pots, and my azaleas will go on the ground under the
tables, nestled in pine needles.

I know. You northerners are chuckling into your beards. But
our trees aren't genetically aware of freezing temps on their
roots, even when they're the same species you grow.

I doubt anyone south of me needs to worry much.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 14-12-2004, 10:50 PM
Alan Walker

Yeah, Jim. We're getting our first freeze in SW LA tonight, also.
It got down to 36 deg. F. last night for our first foray into the
30's and will go to ~27 tonight. Hopefully that is all of the
freeze for now, but the faucets are dripping and the heaters are
on in the greenhouse. ;-)

Alan Walker

[IBC] Florida freeze Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 14-12-2004 05:22 PM
[IBC] Fwd: [IBC] Florida Soil: Didja wonder? Carl Rosner Bonsai 0 12-08-2004 03:26 PM
Possible frost/freeze Saturday night/Sunday Morning Wayfarer Texas 8 28-03-2003 10:56 PM
No-freeze, basement window casing area Trish K. Gardening 1 27-03-2003 02:20 PM
okay to buy plants at Red Barn after the freeze? sort Texas 2 05-03-2003 01:27 AM