Old 19-01-2005, 03:07 AM
Anita Hawkins

Default [IBC] Juniper with brown needles - addendum

Jim Lewis wrote:
Something in this discussion jogged my memory.

Thinking about this thread, something caused my brain cells to
fire in synch (for once) and I remembered that Nina posted this
not TOO long ago:

"There is a weevil that eats the TWIGs of Juniper- the
arborvitae weevil.

Jim - congratulations on your information retrieval system! I can
hardly ever get mine to respond like that :/

Colin - I have no personal acquaintance with the arborvitae weevil,
but the ones I have known (before squishing them) had a noticable
snout... beak... nose... probiscus... on their heads. Just wondering,
did yours have such?

Did you put your beetle in a bottle? (perhaps the Ag Extension office
should hire Dr. Seuss to do their advertising)

Anita
--
Northern Harford County, Maryland, USDA zone 6
"I am not bound for any public place, but for ground of my own where I

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] Kusamura show addendum Kitsune Miko Bonsai 0 20-04-2005 04:34 PM
How to winter over plants? addendum ~ Windsong ~ Ponds 0 04-08-2004 03:54 AM
ID help please ADDENDUM molli Orchids 2 12-02-2004 06:41 PM
Some brown needles on 'picea omorika' [email protected] United Kingdom 2 28-12-2003 06:19 PM
[IBC] Scale or Tar Spot? (ADDENDUM: and ugly leaves) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 24-08-2003 03:42 PM