GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Stolen Bonsai (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/89702-re-%5Bibc%5D-stolen-bonsai.html)

[email protected] 11-02-2005 02:28 PM

[IBC] Stolen Bonsai

In a message dated 2/11/05 12:04:43 AM, Theo writes:
I am sorry Iris ...must be very frustrating !

You should see some of the horror stories we have had in the newsgroup.
Fortunately there have been none lately. One poor fellow in Texas had his bonsai
stolen off a second floor balcony.
Iris

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Theo 11-02-2005 03:53 PM

wrote:

In a message dated 2/11/05 12:04:43 AM, Theo writes:

I am sorry Iris ...must be very frustrating !

You should see some of the horror stories we have had in the newsgroup.
Fortunately there have been none lately. One poor fellow in Texas had his bonsai
stolen off a second floor balcony.

Oh my I live on a second floor :-)..

MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :

Craig Cowing 11-02-2005 04:35 PM

On Feb 11, 2005, at 10:53 AM, Theo wrote:

wrote:

In a message dated 2/11/05 12:04:43 AM, Theo writes:

I am sorry Iris ...must be very frustrating !

You should see some of the horror stories we have had in the
newsgroup.
Fortunately there have been none lately. One poor fellow in Texas had
his bonsai
stolen off a second floor balcony.

Oh my I live on a second floor :-)..

MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :

I guess I shouldn't trouble trouble, but I've never had a tree stolen.
In Maine I lived on a main street with my trees visible to hundreds of
people who drove by every day. Now Anita and I live in a quiet
neighborhood on a dead-end street. People in the neighborhood know
about our trees but I've never had one taken. Knock on wood.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Lynn Boyd 11-02-2005 05:26 PM

From Craig Cowing:

I guess I shouldn't trouble trouble, but I've never had a tree stolen.
In Maine I lived on a main street with my trees visible to hundreds of
people who drove by every day. Now Anita and I live in a quiet
neighborhood on a dead-end street. People in the neighborhood know
about our trees but I've never had one taken. Knock on wood.

Craig, who is going to steal from the preacher or priest? :)

I have a deck with trees displayed around it - cars stop occasionally to
look - never one stolen - (hey, - I heard that - they are not that bad!)
It is a gated community - and it works!

Lynn
( uh, I do wonder though, that I have had a painting stolen at exhibit, but
never a bonsai!)

Theo 11-02-2005 07:19 PM

Lynn Boyd wrote:

From Craig Cowing:

I guess I shouldn't trouble trouble, but I've never had a tree stolen.
In Maine I lived on a main street with my trees visible to hundreds of
people who drove by every day. Now Anita and I live in a quiet
neighborhood on a dead-end street. People in the neighborhood know
about our trees but I've never had one taken. Knock on wood.

Craig, who is going to steal from the preacher or priest? :)

hahahhhahah I did not dare to say that !

Lynn
( uh, I do wonder though, that I have had a painting stolen at exhibit,
but never a bonsai!)

It happens more ofthen ^than we think
wansn't Jim that reported 2 years ago about a guy that took his
motor van and went to loads bonsais from a shop and was arrested and
had to pay about 10 k $ of bonsai and few days later he went in the
same shop to have repotted a bonsai he previously stole from there?
I remember something of this kind ?