Old 26-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Peter Nowaczyk

Default Pinus scions

Hello,

I'm looking for some varieties of Pinus that are hard to find in
Europe, but are easier to find in the USA. Does anybody know of a US
nursery that sells scions (cuttings) of Pinus?

Thanks for any information,
Peter Nowaczyk
Old 26-02-2005, 02:02 PM
Jim Lewis

On 26 Feb 2005 at 1:44, Peter Nowaczyk wrote:

Hello,

I'm looking for some varieties of Pinus that are hard to find in
Europe, but are easier to find in the USA. Does anybody know of a US
nursery that sells scions (cuttings) of Pinus?

1. Try www.musserforests.com
2. Google for "forestry nurseries" or variants thereof. These
will be the nurseries that sell plants for the forest industry.
3. Also try www.forestfarm.com.

But offhand, I'd guess you'll strike out.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

++++Sponsored, in part, by Gregory Brenden++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 27-02-2005, 01:23 PM
bseddon

Peter Nowaczyk wrote:
Hello,

I'm looking for some varieties of Pinus that are hard to find in
Europe, but are easier to find in the USA. Does anybody know of a US
nursery that sells scions (cuttings) of Pinus?

Thanks for any information,
Peter Nowaczyk

I am a member of Davesgarden.com. Cost $15 per year. When I did a
search for "Pinus" I found several sources for both seed and plants.
ForestFarm was listed as one of their sources. The $15 is well worth
it. I was seeking 2 plants on the net with little luck. Found both on
daves garden along with customer ratings for each source...One was
Bottlebrsuh buckeye and one was Monkey Puzzle Tree.... Got decent
prices...so far only the Buckeye has arrived.....

Old 27-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Jim Lewis

On 27 Feb 2005 at 5:23, bseddon wrote:

Peter Nowaczyk wrote:
Hello,

I'm looking for some varieties of Pinus that are hard to find in
Europe, but are easier to find in the USA. Does anybody know of a US
nursery that sells scions (cuttings) of Pinus?

Thanks for any information,
Peter Nowaczyk

I am a member of Davesgarden.com. Cost $15 per year. When I did a
search for "Pinus" I found several sources for both seed and plants.
ForestFarm was listed as one of their sources. The $15 is well worth
it. I was seeking 2 plants on the net with little luck. Found both on
daves garden along with customer ratings for each source...One was
Bottlebrsuh buckeye and one was Monkey Puzzle Tree.... Got decent
prices...so far only the Buckeye has arrived.....

Of course you can get a paper catalog (book size) from Forest
Farm for nothing -- AND on line.

www.forestfarm.com

Old 28-02-2005, 11:27 AM
bseddon

But if you're not aware of some of the sources such as forestfarm,
Daves helps find it.... Found this site also have received the plant
and a great catalogue.. http://www.mailordernatives.com/
Dave's essentially shortened the search....
Remember "it doesn't matter what road you take if you don't know where
you're going" (Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland) Dave's provides
shortcuts to the right road