Old 13-05-2005, 03:14 AM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] Fwd: [IBC] Elms

large elms are easy, just use hedge trimmers ;-b

Seriously, I have many elms becasue I am a mad
propigating fool. Until they get established I do
coarse pruning that might resemble hedge clipping,
but
I do it with scissors, just cutting soft growth.

I have one of those $35 Carl Young Seju elms and it
is
wonderful. I also have a hokkaido grove.

The secret to hakkido is to go for a trunk, then
take
off all the branches (when dormant), wait for
sprouts,
keep only sprouts in desired locations, wire green
sprouts into position.

Kits

--- Jim Lewis wrote:
Jim Gremel wrote:

they (Elms) grow so
fast. He said "You have to pinch them every

morning and you have to
pinch them every afternoon. And then you have to

pinch them in your
dreams..."

A-men! I have a couple -- a mame and a small

shohin
-- and
I can't imagine caring for anything larger.

Jim Lewis - - This economy is

wholly
owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord
Nelson

++++Sponsored, in part, by Sue
Crabtree++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

****

[IBC] Chinese Elms Bart Thomas Bonsai 0 02-05-2005 09:41 PM
[IBC] Pruning Elms Steven Wachs Bonsai 0 09-02-2005 01:43 PM
[IBC] my c. elms Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 24-08-2003 04:02 PM
[IBC] Defolitating Elms ! Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 19-06-2003 10:20 PM
[Fwd: [Fwd: Science Reporters Don't Notice Conflicts of Interest]] [email protected] sci.agriculture 0 26-04-2003 12:25 PM