Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Gary Huff

Default [IBC] Basic Bonsai Watering 101

I've been studying bonsai now for about seven months and I thought I had this watering bonsai
stuff figured out by now, but now I'm learning I may be overwatering. I use the wood skewer
method of dry one inch down then water, the finger method of dry to the first knuckle then water
and I even use a moisture meter to determine when to water my bonsai. Now I'm thinking that
what I read early on may be true, and that was when the pot was dry half way down to water. If it's
a two inch pot then dry to one inch is right, but if it's a 4 inch pot then 2 inches dry is when to
water. Can someone help us newbies to know exactly when to water? Should the soil be dust dry
one inch down before watering or what? Thanks for any help!

Gary
Zone 7

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Basic bonsai guidance nelly Bonsai 2 02-02-2009 07:29 PM
[IBC] Basic Air Layering Questions ..... Mark Hill Bonsai 2 15-02-2004 01:03 PM
[IBC] basic bonsai 101 Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 30-08-2003 02:44 AM
[IBC] 101 Chemistry Lesson randi sharp Bonsai 0 27-03-2003 04:08 AM
[IBC] root theory 101 Steve Wolfinger Bonsai 3 27-01-2003 04:26 AM