Old 19-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Tekmanx

Default Pest control

I don't think my little plants/cuttings are anywhere near the stage
where they get hit with pest and the like. My question is, what do you
guys recommend as an all purpose pest control solution? Something that
doesn't attack a specific pest, but a universal solution so to speak.

Tekmanx
- Zone 25 (Florida/Bahamas)

Old 19-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Jim Lewis

Tekmanx wrote:
I don't think my little plants/cuttings are anywhere near the stage
where they get hit with pest and the like. My question is, what do you
guys recommend as an all purpose pest control solution? Something that
doesn't attack a specific pest, but a universal solution so to speak.

There is no such thing.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 19-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Tekmanx

Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to try that out.

One thing though, make sure you send the mail to the group also and not
just privately to me. Wanna make sure everyone else is ok with it, not
that I don't trust your mixture.. sounds safe to me .

Tekmanx
- Zone 25 (Florida/Bahamas)

On 7/19/05, Carl Rosner wrote:

Jim Lewis is 100 per cent right. Jim always says to hise down your
plants with a stiff spray (or something similar to that). I add, that
you spray wiith one hand and hold down the trunk with the other! :0)

I also will give you the formula I use when I see pests:

Good luck,
Carl L. Rosner

SOAP solution!

I pour a solution of 1 to 2 tablespoon dishwashing detergent, 1
tablespoon of vegetable oil into a plastic gallon and slowly add

water to fill the gallon jug. I fill this solution from the gallon
bottle into a spray bottle and just before using I add 1 to 2 two caps

full (from the rubbing alcohol bottle) of rubbing alcohol and spray
immediately. If you do not use the full bottle of spray, I

suggest the next time you are going to use the soap/alcohol
solution add the same amount of rubbing alcohol again, since the

alcohol will evaporate. I store this soap/oil solution in the
gallon jug for months on end. It does not seem to go bad.

Spray on plants covering all leaf and stem surfaces. You may have
to spray from three to four times with intervals of three

days. I have eliminated almost any kind of pest that have attacked
my trees, including scale.

I do not wash off the spray and have seen no adverse reaction to
the trees from this mixture.

Tekmanx wrote:

I don't think my little plants/cuttings are anywhere near the
stage
where they get hit with pest and the like. My question is, what
do you
guys recommend as an all purpose pest control solution?
Something that
doesn't attack a specific pest, but a universal solution so to
speak.

Tekmanx
- Zone 25 (Florida/Bahamas)

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7

www.carlrosner.com
http://www.yessy.com/arteacher3725
http://rosner.becanz.net

Old 20-07-2005, 06:09 PM

Tekmanx wrote:
I don't think my little plants/cuttings are anywhere near the stage
where they get hit with pest and the like. My question is, what do you
guys recommend as an all purpose pest control solution? Something that
doesn't attack a specific pest, but a universal solution so to speak.

The number one thing to reduce pests is to keep the tree
in the conditions that are best for it. If the tree is
being stressed it will be much more likely to get pests.
For example, indoor trees should not be in front of forced
air heat vents. They dry out and get mites and such at a
discouraging rate.

I've had luck with insecticidal soap. Follow the directions
on the package, and do a period of treatment of several
weeks to get the eggs as well as adults.
Socks

Old 21-07-2005, 04:39 AM
Tekmanx

Thank you so much, I'll keep that in mind!

Tekmanx
-Zone (Florida/Bahamas)

Natural pest control - also available free.... Colin Malsingh United Kingdom 3 17-06-2003 03:20 PM
Pest control with a pond EJ Ponds 4 31-03-2003 06:56 PM
pest control Joseph Amil Orchids 1 30-03-2003 02:20 PM
Pest Control Tony Gent United Kingdom 0 16-12-2002 12:55 PM