Old 08-03-2003, 10:36 PM
Carl L Rosner

Default [IBC] New

Anita:

Anita Rogers wrote:

Hi,
Anita here from Illinois.
I am new to this group and to the bonasi. For Christmas I got a bonasi
kit to grow from seed. Haven't done anything to it yet. Just putting
it off. Then I got a bonasi plant while i was in the hospital for elbow
replaced surgery about 3 weeks ago.

Please don't shoot the messenger! ;-) Growing any plant from a seed
does not make it a bonsai.... Not that there is anything wrong with
watching a seed develop, but be prepared for a long 10 year period
before you might be ableto turn your seed into a Bonsai, In the mean
time, I suggest you do a lot of reading and join a Bonsai club if there
is one in your area. Creating a Bonsai from Nurserey stock is one of
the ways to go and learn. There is a home course on the home page of
the IBC which ou could follow.

What help or advice can you give me. It has 3 plants,do I keep all 3 in
pot. On the booklet with it it's called a Bloom-Rite bonasi. Any help
would be helpful . I have wanted one for some time,but afraid if I got
one I would kill it.

The first thing to do is to identify your three tree planting....

Right now it's on the kitchen counter by a window and doing ok I guess.
Want to bring it in the frontroom but not that much light just a picture
window facing west with a tree in front.

The best lighting is usually southern exposure.

Would that be enough light ? Depends on the type oftree you have.

Have you ever heard of a rock water fall and a Bonasi put together ?

Yes, and that is one way to give your tree more humidity. Again, it
depends on the type of tree.

Just thought it would be neat and relaxing . I have along way to go to
get to that point, don't I ??

Bonsai can be quite relaxing... The sound of water is a wonderful
addition, but learn the basics of horticulture. Then the basics of
Bonsai design. Read, read and then read some more. Stay with the IBC
and read. :-[

Good luck, and welcome to the addiction.

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7
http://bmee.net/rosner
http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48

thanks for listening.
Anita ;-))