GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Heirloom tomatoes. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/101341-heirloom-tomatoes.html)

RR 14-08-2005 03:13 AM

"Sandy" wrote:

Can someone tell me which are the best Heirloom seeds to order in Canada,
and where would you order them from?

Any info is appreciated.
Sandy

Hello, Sandy.

"Best" is very subjective.
We've had good luck with seeds from a small supplier in Quebec called
Solana Seeds. http://solanaseeds.netfirms.com/welcome.html
They have about 150 varieties of heirloom tomato seeds. Their prices
are very reasonable as well. Take your pick.

Ross
To email, remove the "obvious" from my address.

Suze 16-08-2005 05:35 AM

Quoting Sandy:
Can someone tell me which are the best Heirloom seeds to order in Canada,
and where would you order them from?

I would suggest ordering from Tomato Growers Supply, as they are a
known dependable source among obsessed tomatophiles. They are US
based, but ship to other countries.

The only general comment that I would make is that striped/bicolor
tomatoes can tend to be a bit unstable at this time regardless of who
you order from.

(Copia comes to mind as an unstable one, for example)

pamjd 16-08-2005 01:05 PM

Go online to Seed Savers in Decorah Iowa. Wonderful wonderful.