Old 23-08-2005, 02:00 AM

Default High and low bush blueberries--how do you tell?

How can you tell whether an established blueberry is high bush or low bush?

Where does Sharp Blue fit into the picture?

Bill

Old 24-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Dwayne

Cant help you answer your question. When We lived in Alaska, wild
blueberries were low to the ground and never got very big. When we lived in
Arkansas I raised them myself. Most of the ones I ordered grew to 4 feet
tall. It has been my experience that the term "low bush and high bush" is
used when talking about cranberries, rather than blueberries. Sorry I
couldnt help more.

Dwayne

Old 26-08-2005, 04:52 PM

Sharp Blue is a southern highbush. Most of the southern cultivars are
high bush. Low bush cultivars are short, rarely over two feet and
relatively rare among commercial cultivars.