Old 23-08-2005, 04:09 PM
alan[remove][email protected]

Default Edible Garden User Map

Somebody on rec.food.cooking found a map that you can use to show
where group members live. I think it would be especially good for
this group, as knowing users locations can help us better understand
why they do what they do to their gardens and why their yields and
optimum yield times are different. Maybe in the message line you
should indicate when you first planted for the year. Although, many
of you, with different climates, plant at different times. Here on
LI, it's usually May 15th even though I didn't decide to do a garden
until June 10th and some plants even later.

So, go to
http://myguestmap.lorca.eti.br/guest...alan&locale=en and
put yourself in. You can get right to the street but I wouldn't put
my address in the message area.

Hope you have fun with this.

alan calan
Old 23-08-2005, 04:19 PM
alan[remove][email protected]

Wow, IF I put my EXACT location in, you could see exactly where my
garden is and all the trees that surround it, blocking too many hours
of sun. My house is down and to the right of where my location is.

Old 23-08-2005, 09:06 PM
James

I got a plot in the community gardens right of the trees.

Old 24-08-2005, 12:38 AM
Rogerx(Zone 7)

wrote:

Somebody on rec.food.cooking found a map that you can use to show
where group members live. I think it would be especially good for
this group, as knowing users locations can help us better understand
why they do what they do to their gardens and why their yields and
optimum yield times are different. Maybe in the message line you
should indicate when you first planted for the year. Although, many
of you, with different climates, plant at different times. Here on
LI, it's usually May 15th even though I didn't decide to do a garden
until June 10th and some plants even later.

So, go to
http://myguestmap.lorca.eti.br/guest...alan&locale=en and
put yourself in. You can get right to the street but I wouldn't put
my address in the message area.

Hope you have fun with this.

alan calan

I think your idea might have merit, but would the Zone as determined
by the Department of Agriculture be sufficient, and easy to show by
your name automatically . Have a good day: Rogerx
Old 24-08-2005, 07:23 PM
RR

Snip

So, go to
http://myguestmap.lorca.eti.br/guest...alan&locale=en and
put yourself in. You can get right to the street but I wouldn't put
my address in the message area.

Hope you have fun with this.

alan calan

Hi, Alan.

Unfortunately, I zoomed in after I'd added my bald little head. I'm
actually about 8Km ENE of where it shows.

Ross
Southern Ontario, Canada.
New AgCanada Zone 5b
43º17'15" North
80º13'32" West
To email, remove the obvious from my address.

Old 27-08-2005, 05:18 AM
Steve

OK, I'm on the map. I did this last night also, for another newsgroup
that I look at only once in a while. I don't see any way to browse
through the list of maps to find one with people I know. I bet that in a
very short while they will have bunches of maps that never get looked at
again.

Steve in the Adirondacks