Old 06-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Registered User

Default Help needed please wjth shallots.

I have grown shallots "Hative de Niort" for many years.
This year through my own fault I have had a crop failure and lost the lot.
I have no seeds to use to plant next year.
I know that they are expensive and I was prepared for the worst in my bid to replace them.
BUT I cannot find a single place to get them from.
I have tried all the major suppliers and have searched internet via Google etc.
Does anyone out there know where to send me to get them or can sell me some to get myself going again.I will give my Email address if needed.
I have been told that there is a selection variety called " Aristocrat" but I cannot source these either.
Your kind help would be much appreciated.I have small seedlings of Musa Ensete Ventricosum to trade if wanted.
Thank you.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
freemont

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 20:08:03 +0000, Bananaman wrote:

I have grown shallots "Hative de Niort" for many years. This year through
my own fault I have had a crop failure and lost the lot.
I have no seeds to use to plant next year. I know that they are expensive
and I was prepared for the worst in my bid to replace them.
BUT I cannot find a single place to get them from. I have tried all the
major suppliers and have searched internet via Google etc.
Does anyone out there know where to send me to get them or can sell me
some to get myself going again.I will give my Email address if needed. I
have been told that there is a selection variety called " Aristocrat" but
I cannot source these either.
Your kind help would be much appreciated.I have small seedlings of Musa
Ensete Ventricosum to trade if wanted. Thank you.

Here's one place-

http://www.mammothonion.co.uk/shop/2/

.... but they're in UK, dunno if they'll ship seeds here.

Here's a place with several names/addresses:

http://oregonstate.edu/Dept/NWREC/shallot.html

Here's another seed place:

http://seeds.thompson-morgan.com/us/en/product/764/1

.... just searched Google for shallot seeds, that's all. ;-)

Good luck.

--
"Because all you of Earth are idiots!"

Old 09-05-2014, 01:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In the last eight years the OP could have lost all interest in shallots or
now be requiring a seance to reply.

If you want help from those still corporeal it would be good if you gave
your general location as this is an international news group.