GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/144428-why-do-ripe-fruits-smell-bad.html)

Radium 21-05-2006 04:58 AM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

Hi:

I notice that many fruit emit foul odors when ripe. What chemicals are
responisble for this?

I hate those odors. That why I like to eat apricots, peaches, and
similar fruits when they are sour, hard, and greenish. When sour, hard,
and greenish, most fruits smell pleasant. When they are too ripe, they
become excessively sweet, grossly-soft up and turn mucus-yellow; this
is when they start to
STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEENK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What causes those immeasureably-foul odors?

Thanks,

Radium

AndyS 21-05-2006 11:48 AM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

Andy replies:

Well, I am pretty much opposite. Nothing worse for me than a green
banana. I like them soft, and fragrant, and yellow, and mushy so I can
mash them
up with peanut butter....
Rotten potatoes are another matter....

I guess I agree with you on some stuff and not on others...

Ain't diversity wonderful ????

Andy in Eureka, Texas

Radium 21-05-2006 01:19 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

AndyS wrote:
Andy replies:

Well, I am pretty much opposite. Nothing worse for me than a green
banana. I like them soft, and fragrant, and yellow, and mushy so I can
mash them
up with peanut butter....
Rotten potatoes are another matter....

I guess I agree with you on some stuff and not on others...

Ain't diversity wonderful ????

Andy in Eureka, Texas

But what chemicals are responbile for the stink of over-ripe fruits.

OmManiPadmeOmelet 21-05-2006 01:20 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

In article .com,
"Radium" wrote:

AndyS wrote:
Andy replies:

Well, I am pretty much opposite. Nothing worse for me than a green
banana. I like them soft, and fragrant, and yellow, and mushy so I can
mash them
up with peanut butter....
Rotten potatoes are another matter....

I guess I agree with you on some stuff and not on others...

Ain't diversity wonderful ????

Andy in Eureka, Texas

But what chemicals are responbile for the stink of over-ripe fruits.

Putricine.....
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Radium 21-05-2006 01:27 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
In article .com,
"Radium" wrote:

AndyS wrote:
Andy replies:

Well, I am pretty much opposite. Nothing worse for me than a green
banana. I like them soft, and fragrant, and yellow, and mushy so I can
mash them
up with peanut butter....
Rotten potatoes are another matter....

I guess I agree with you on some stuff and not on others...

Ain't diversity wonderful ????

Andy in Eureka, Texas

But what chemicals are responbile for the stink of over-ripe fruits.

Putricine.....

Putricine smells like rotting flesh, which is also a foul odor but
totally different from that of ripe fruits.

To my nose, over-ripe fruits don't have a smell that even nearly
resembles rotting flesh. Both are equally bad odors, though.

--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet 21-05-2006 02:20 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

In article .com,
"Radium" wrote:

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
In article .com,
"Radium" wrote:

AndyS wrote:
Andy replies:

Well, I am pretty much opposite. Nothing worse for me than a green
banana. I like them soft, and fragrant, and yellow, and mushy so I can
mash them
up with peanut butter....
Rotten potatoes are another matter....

I guess I agree with you on some stuff and not on others...

Ain't diversity wonderful ????

Andy in Eureka, Texas

But what chemicals are responbile for the stink of over-ripe fruits.

Putricine.....

Putricine smells like rotting flesh, which is also a foul odor but
totally different from that of ripe fruits.

To my nose, over-ripe fruits don't have a smell that even nearly
resembles rotting flesh. Both are equally bad odors, though.

Is your sarcasm meter broken?

Sorry, but I don't find ripe fruit smelly.
I can't stand to eat green fruit. It's just nasty.

I've never smelled rotted fruit. I don't buy enough to let that happen.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

cloud dreamer 21-05-2006 02:34 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

Radium wrote:
Hi:

I notice that many fruit emit foul odors when ripe. What chemicals are
responisble for this?

I hate those odors. That why I like to eat apricots, peaches, and
similar fruits when they are sour, hard, and greenish. When sour, hard,
and greenish, most fruits smell pleasant. When they are too ripe, they
become excessively sweet, grossly-soft up and turn mucus-yellow; this
is when they start to
STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEENK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What causes those immeasureably-foul odors?

Could be Ethylene.

From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripen):

"Stages of a plant's life are influenced by hormones. An important plant
hormone involved with ripening is the chemical ethylene, a gas created
by plants from the amino acid methionine. Ethylene causes increased
levels of certain enzymes in fruit, which include:

* Amylase, which breaks down starch to produce simple sugars, and
* Pectinase, which breaks down pectin, a substance that keeps fruit
hard.

Other enzymes break down the lime pigment chlorophyll, which is replaced
by blue, yellow, or red pigments."

This is how some people will ripen tomatoes....by placing a ripe apple
in a paper bag with the unripe tomato. The ethylene emitted by the apple
will ripen the tomato.

From this idea, I figured out how to keep my banana from going black in
a couple days after I buy them. Since they ripen each other (being in
such close proximity), I separate them when I get them home. They can
last a week or more. (More than enough time to consume them).

..

Andy 21-05-2006 04:08 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

Andy writes:

:Neat trick with the bananas -- I'm going to try it..

Regarding tomatoes, they will ripen by themselves.
I haven't heard of the ripe apple technique, but I'll
try that as well....

I like the smell of ripe bananas. Green bananas are,
well, ...... unripe....

Andy in Eureka, Texas

Radium 21-05-2006 05:16 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

cloud dreamer wrote:
Radium wrote:
Hi:

I notice that many fruit emit foul odors when ripe. What chemicals are
responisble for this?

I hate those odors. That why I like to eat apricots, peaches, and
similar fruits when they are sour, hard, and greenish. When sour, hard,
and greenish, most fruits smell pleasant. When they are too ripe, they
become excessively sweet, grossly-soft up and turn mucus-yellow; this
is when they start to
STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEENK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What causes those immeasureably-foul odors?

Could be Ethylene.

Extremely unlikely.

Quote from http://www.mindfully.org/Plastic/Ethylene-Gas.htm :

"A flammable, colorless, gas with a characteristic sweet odor"

The odor I perceive from over-ripened fruit is very foul. Ever try
smelling a papaya up close? How about a mango that is over-ripened?

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/CV206 quote:

"Ethylene is a colorless gas with a sweet odor."

So ethylene is most likely not the direct cause of the foul odor.

http://ucce.ucdavis.edu/datastore/de...rveynumber=267
quote:

"Ethylene enhances several processes associated with fruit ripening,
including development of odour-active aroma volatiles (especially
esters)."

Apparently ethylene induces and speeds up the ripening process --
including the processes in which foul ripe odors are produced -- but
does not directly cause the foul odor of over-ripe fruits. It has to be
something else. What is it?

From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripen):

"Stages of a plant's life are influenced by hormones. An important plant
hormone involved with ripening is the chemical ethylene, a gas created
by plants from the amino acid methionine. Ethylene causes increased
levels of certain enzymes in fruit, which include:

* Amylase, which breaks down starch to produce simple sugars, and
* Pectinase, which breaks down pectin, a substance that keeps fruit
hard.

Other enzymes break down the lime pigment chlorophyll, which is replaced
by blue, yellow, or red pigments."

This is how some people will ripen tomatoes....by placing a ripe apple
in a paper bag with the unripe tomato. The ethylene emitted by the apple
will ripen the tomato.

From this idea, I figured out how to keep my banana from going black in

Kimberly 21-05-2006 05:48 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

Is there going to be a test?

Some things just smell bad - even without a noticable smell. Why do you
think this happens?

Kimberly
smartass gardener who puts all the nearly smelly things in the compost...

cloud dreamer 21-05-2006 06:16 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

Andy wrote:

Andy writes:

:Neat trick with the bananas -- I'm going to try it..

Regarding tomatoes, they will ripen by themselves.
I haven't heard of the ripe apple technique, but I'll
try that as well....

Yeah, this technique is meant to speed up the ripening.

..

Radium 21-05-2006 06:41 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

Kimberly wrote:
Is there going to be a test?

Some things just smell bad - even without a noticable smell. Why do you
think this happens?

Kimberly
smartass gardener who puts all the nearly smelly things in the compost...

No offense but READ MY LIPS

WHAT CHEMICALS CAUSE OVER-RIPE FRUITS TO STINK
BADLY????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

OmManiPadmeOmelet 21-05-2006 07:33 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

In article .com,
"Radium" wrote:

Kimberly wrote:
Is there going to be a test?

Some things just smell bad - even without a noticable smell. Why do you
think this happens?

Kimberly
smartass gardener who puts all the nearly smelly things in the compost...

No offense but READ MY LIPS

WHAT CHEMICALS CAUSE OVER-RIPE FRUITS TO STINK
BADLY?

Why don't you try googling it?

http://tinyurl.com/o5yog

I think most of us thought that this was a troll post. ;-)
That's why you are not getting serious answers.

Hope that link above answers your question.

Cheers!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Radium 21-05-2006 07:57 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

Seymour Bigby-Heinz wrote:

It depends upon which rotten fruit you are smelling.

Mangos. BTW, fruits don't have to be rotten in order to smell bad.
Fruits that are just ripe also have a similar odor but maybe less
intense than when they rot.

Radium 21-05-2006 08:43 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

Seymour Bigby-Heinz wrote:
On Sun, 21 May 2006 13:33:58 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
wrote:

I think most of us thought that this was a troll post. ;-)
That's why you are not getting serious answers.

I still think it is a troll post, since there is no indication of what
difference it makes which chemical causes the odor in rotting fruit.

I am interested in what chemicals are responsible for the foul odors
emitted by ripe fruits. Ethylene [which smells sweet] and putresine
[smells like rotting flesh] are clearly not included in the list of
chemicals that cause ripe fruit to stink.

So what are some of the chemicals that cause the stench of ripe fruits.
Most fruits -- be them oranges, peaches, bananas, guavas, papayas,
mangoes, etc. -- have a very similar stench when ripe.

Plus, he wants others to do all of his work.

No. I am looking for assistance. I've done as much searching as I can.

Sy

Jon Shemitz 21-05-2006 09:33 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

Radium wrote:

I am interested in what chemicals are responsible for the foul odors
emitted by ripe fruits. Ethylene [which smells sweet] and putresine
[smells like rotting flesh] are clearly not included in the list of
chemicals that cause ripe fruit to stink.

So what are some of the chemicals that cause the stench of ripe fruits.
Most fruits -- be them oranges, peaches, bananas, guavas, papayas,
mangoes, etc. -- have a very similar stench when ripe.

Well, you are exhibiting a very idiosyncratic reaction to ripe fruit.
Most people prefer ripe fruit to green fruit. (We're wired that way
for a reason - the tannins in green fruit don't agree with our
digestive tract.) It's entirely possible that your problem is simply
that you perceive ethylene differenty than everyone else does.

--

..NET 2.0 for Delphi Programmers http://www.midnightbeach.com/.net

Delphi skills make .NET easy to learn
Being printed - in stores by June

Jim Carter 21-05-2006 09:38 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

On 21 May 2006 12:43:16 -0700, "Radium"
wrote:

I am interested in what chemicals are responsible for the foul odors
emitted by ripe fruits.

I find the smell of most ripe fruits to be pleasant.

If you mean overripe fruits then you are smelling the waste
products of the microorganisms that are breaking down the fruit.
The gas likely depends on which putrefying bacteria are prevalent
in your area.

STEPHEN PEEK 21-05-2006 10:54 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

You are correct Om, this poster is a noted troll. You'll find his posts
(similar idiotic questions & argumentative statements) in other groups.
Steve

Radium 21-05-2006 11:32 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

wrote:

I am interested in what chemicals are responsible for the foul odors
emitted by ripe fruits.

I find the smell of most ripe fruits to be pleasant.

If you mean overripe fruits then you are smelling the waste
products of the microorganisms that are breaking down the fruit.

The gas likely depends on which putrefying bacteria are prevalent
in your area.

Well, according to my nose, most ripe fruits have a similar foul odor.
I really can't describe it well. All I do know, is that the odor is
foul but it does NOT smell like rotting flesh.

Radium 21-05-2006 11:42 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

Jon Shemitz wrote:
Radium wrote:

I am interested in what chemicals are responsible for the foul odors
emitted by ripe fruits. Ethylene [which smells sweet] and putresine
[smells like rotting flesh] are clearly not included in the list of
chemicals that cause ripe fruit to stink.

So what are some of the chemicals that cause the stench of ripe fruits.
Most fruits -- be them oranges, peaches, bananas, guavas, papayas,
mangoes, etc. -- have a very similar stench when ripe.

Well, you are exhibiting a very idiosyncratic reaction to ripe fruit.
Most people prefer ripe fruit to green fruit.

Um, I don't mind some red along with the green. My favorite peaches
have an equal amount of red scattered along with equal amount of green.
They are hard, juicy, and sour. But I just abhor when the green part
turns yellow. If its moderately ripe that also okay but it should not
have that stink associated with ripe fruits. This stink I describe is
somewhat like non-sour milk [especially when boiled], fresh swiss
cheese, smelly feet, crotch-sweat, thigh-sweat, female-genitalia,
neck-sweat, yellow mucus, back-sweat, dirty socks, sweaty shirts,
filthy scalp, unwashed hair, etc.

(We're wired that way
for a reason - the tannins in green fruit don't agree with our
digestive tract.)

I seriously doubt that. I think its more to do with personal
experience. Emotions and memories play a vital part in olfactory
functions.

It's entirely possible that your problem is simply
that you perceive ethylene differenty than everyone else does.

I doubt its ethylene. Ethylene has a sweet pleasant smell to it. I have
smelled it myself in a lab. It beautiful.

I like the smell of ethylene, ethanol, as well as the scents emitted
from sour fruits.

OmManiPadmeOmelet 21-05-2006 11:52 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

In article et,
"STEPHEN PEEK" wrote:

You are correct Om, this poster is a noted troll. You'll find his posts
(similar idiotic questions & argumentative statements) in other groups.
Steve

I notice he's ignoring the links...... ;-)
The one I posted had some good sites.

Oh well! Guess it's one more poster for the bozo bin?

Thanks!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Radium 22-05-2006 03:19 AM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
In article et,
"STEPHEN PEEK" wrote:

You are correct Om, this poster is a noted troll. You'll find his posts
(similar idiotic questions & argumentative statements) in other groups.
Steve

I notice he's ignoring the links...... ;-)
The one I posted had some good sites.

No. I check out those links.

[email protected] 22-05-2006 01:43 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

Ethylene is effective at ripening fruits at a parts-per-billion level.
It only begins to smell sweet at concentrations above 500
parts-per-million. much higher than would be found in a ripening fruit.

"An ethylene by any other name would smell as sweet!"

John
Aspen Research, - www.aspenresearch.com
"Turning Questions into Answers"

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not represent those of my
employer.

zxcvbob 22-05-2006 05:30 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

wrote:

I am interested in what chemicals are responsible for the foul odors
emitted by ripe fruits.

I find the smell of most ripe fruits to be pleasant.

If you mean overripe fruits then you are smelling the waste
products of the microorganisms that are breaking down the fruit.

The gas likely depends on which putrefying bacteria are prevalent
in your area.

Well, according to my nose, most ripe fruits have a similar foul odor.
I really can't describe it well. All I do know, is that the odor is
foul but it does NOT smell like rotting flesh.

I think it depends; what has your room-mate been *doing* with those
almost-ripe fruits when you're not there? ;-)

Best regards,
Bob

Penelope Periwinkle 22-05-2006 07:31 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

On Mon, 22 May 2006 11:30:51 -0500, zxcvbob
wrote:

Radium wrote:

Well, according to my nose, most ripe fruits have a similar foul odor.
I really can't describe it well. All I do know, is that the odor is
foul but it does NOT smell like rotting flesh.

I think it depends; what has your room-mate been *doing* with those
almost-ripe fruits when you're not there? ;-)

spurf!

You owe me a keyboard, young man.

Penelope

"ElissaAnn"

Ron Jones 22-05-2006 07:32 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

Radium wrote:
Jon Shemitz wrote:
Radium wrote:

[...]

Sounds like small organic acids to me, particularly butryic.

--
Ron Jones
Process Safety & Development Specialist

Radium 22-05-2006 10:01 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

Ron Jones wrote:
Radium wrote:
Jon Shemitz wrote:
Radium wrote:

[...]

1. Butryic acid smells like stinky cheese [including swiss], smelly
feet, sweaty shirts, dirty socks neck-sweat, back-sweat, filthy scalp
and unwashed hair.

2. Butyric acid, however, does *not* smell anything near like
crotch-sweat, non-sour boiled milk, female genitals, or thigh-sweat.

The 1st group of products have a cheesy smell. The 2nd group have a
milky smell.

So I guess that there are many compounds that give ripe fruit its
stink.

In ripe fruits, I noticed the stenches of both the 1st and the 2nd
group

Felch Belch 25-05-2006 09:23 AM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

Many times a passing animal will try to fertilize the fruiting plant by
unloading its colon on the ground above the roots. This stink is then
absobed into the fruit only when fully ripe. The feces juice turns the
green fruit a different color and imparts to it a diarrhea-like smell.
I have tongued my wife's anus during foreplay occasionally, but only
after she was recently showered. Hence, I am somewhat used to the odor,
whereas you may simply be unaccustomed to it. My advice to you would be
to get to know your grocer or produce supplier and ask them if it would
at all be possible if you could obtain requested fruit in its green
form.

Felch Belch 25-05-2006 09:46 AM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

Many times a passing animal will try to fertilize the fruiting plant by
unloading its colon on the ground above the roots. This stink is then
absorbed into the fruit only when fully ripe. The feces juice turns the
green fruit a different color and imparts to it a diarrhea-like smell.
I have tongued my wife's anus during foreplay occasionally, but only
after she was recently showered. Hence, I am somewhat used to the odor,
whereas you may simply be unaccustomed to it. My advice to you would be
to get to know your grocer or produce supplier and ask them if it would
at all be possible to obtain requested fruit in its green form.
Otherwise, you may have to tell your wife to drop her drawers, roll
onto her stomach and get ready for a new sensation in order for you to
acquire a taste for that "between the cheeks" funk.

Felch Belch 25-05-2006 10:03 AM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

Many times a passing animal will try to fertilize the fruiting plant by
unloading its colon on the ground above the roots. This stink is then
absorbed into the fruit only when fully ripe. The feces juice turns the
green fruit a different color and imparts to it a diarrhea-like smell.
I have tongued my wife's anus during foreplay occasionally, but only
after she was recently showered. Hence, I am somewhat used to the odor,
whereas you may simply be unaccustomed to it. My advice to you would be
to get to know your grocer or produce supplier and ask them if it would
at all be possible to obtain requested fruit in its green form.
Otherwise, you may have to tell your wife to drop her drawers, lie on
her stomach, and get ready for a new sensation; she will probably enjoy
the experience and you will have acquired a taste for that "between the
cheeks" funk.

Radium 25-05-2006 04:29 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

Felch Belch wrote:
[...]

LOL. I just had a painful laughter attack while reading this. I need
doctor. I think the humor ruptured my larynx.

Allan Adler 08-06-2006 05:29 AM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

"Radium" writes:

I notice that many fruit emit foul odors when ripe. What chemicals are
responisble for this?

There was an article in Natural History, I think, in the last year or so
on the evolutionary role of rotting fruit in human development. They
presented the so-called drunken monkey theory and mentioned that some
of the rotting fruit contains alcohol and the monkeys are attracted to
it. Check it out.
--
Ignorantly,
Allan Adler

Radium 08-06-2006 03:37 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

Allan Adler wrote:
"Radium" writes:

I notice that many fruit emit foul odors when ripe. What chemicals are
responisble for this?

There was an article in Natural History, I think, in the last year or so
on the evolutionary role of rotting fruit in human development.

They
presented the so-called drunken monkey theory and mentioned that some
of the rotting fruit contains alcohol and the monkeys are attracted to
it. Check it out.

It can't be alcohol. I like the smell of alcohol.

--
Ignorantly,
Allan Adler

09-06-2006 04:05 AM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

"Justin" wrote in message
Radium wrote on [8 Jun 2006 07:37:38 -0700]:

Allan Adler wrote:
"Radium" writes:

I notice that many fruit emit foul odors when ripe. What chemicals are
responisble for this?

There was an article in Natural History, I think, in the last year or so
on the evolutionary role of rotting fruit in human development.

They
presented the so-called drunken monkey theory and mentioned that some
of the rotting fruit contains alcohol and the monkeys are attracted to
it. Check it out.

It can't be alcohol. I like the smell of alcohol.

It's the length of your spine. Cleary your nose is far too close to your
anus.

A condition otherwise known as a recto-cranial inversion.

Eric Lucas

joseph2k 10-06-2006 08:18 PM

Why Do Ripe Fruits Smell Bad?

Radium wrote:

Hi:

I notice that many fruit emit foul odors when ripe. What chemicals are
responisble for this?

I hate those odors. That why I like to eat apricots, peaches, and
similar fruits when they are sour, hard, and greenish. When sour, hard,
and greenish, most fruits smell pleasant. When they are too ripe, they
become excessively sweet, grossly-soft up and turn mucus-yellow; this
is when they start to
STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEE\
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ENK!!!!!!!!\

What causes those immeasureably-foul odors?

Thanks,

Radium

Gee, less than 150 posts of reading this NG and this post is conclusive,
Radium is a troll.

--
JosephKK
Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.Â*Â*