GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Grape Tomato Plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/146042-grape-tomato-plants.html)

Alan 05-06-2006 11:03 PM

Grape Tomato Plants

New York---Long Island

I planted grape tomato plants on May 18th. They were small and can
three in a pack. They have been growing line wildfire and today I saw
there were those yellow flowers. Is that normal to see the yellow
flowers so quickly?

Alan

James 05-06-2006 11:36 PM

Grape Tomato Plants

Alan wrote:
New York---Long Island

I planted grape tomato plants on May 18th. They were small and can
three in a pack. They have been growing line wildfire and today I saw
there were those yellow flowers. Is that normal to see the yellow
flowers so quickly?

Alan

yes you'll soon see little green fruits but it'll take much longer for
the ripe fruits.

TQ 05-06-2006 11:50 PM

Grape Tomato Plants

"Alan" wrote in message
New York---Long Island

I planted grape tomato plants on May 18th. They were small and can
three in a pack. They have been growing line wildfire and today I saw
there were those yellow flowers. Is that normal to see the yellow
flowers so quickly?

I/d day that would be a good sign.

Some growers wait until the flowers appear before fertilizing. You can side
dress each plant with a handful of 5-10-10 placed about 4" from the stem and
gently rake or hoe it into the soil. Tomats aren/t heavy feeders, so one
application will be good for the whole season.

George Shirley 06-06-2006 12:33 AM

Grape Tomato Plants

Alan wrote:
New York---Long Island

I planted grape tomato plants on May 18th. They were small and can
three in a pack. They have been growing line wildfire and today I saw
there were those yellow flowers. Is that normal to see the yellow
flowers so quickly?

Alan

Yes, they may have been in the three-pack awhile too. Doesn't take long
for the little guys to bloom and produce fruit.

George