Old 05-06-2006, 11:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Alan

Default Grape Tomato Plants

New York---Long Island

I planted grape tomato plants on May 18th. They were small and can
three in a pack. They have been growing line wildfire and today I saw
there were those yellow flowers. Is that normal to see the yellow
flowers so quickly?

Alan
Old 05-06-2006, 11:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
James

Alan wrote:
New York---Long Island

I planted grape tomato plants on May 18th. They were small and can
three in a pack. They have been growing line wildfire and today I saw
there were those yellow flowers. Is that normal to see the yellow
flowers so quickly?

Alan

yes you'll soon see little green fruits but it'll take much longer for
the ripe fruits.

Old 05-06-2006, 11:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
TQ

"Alan" wrote in message
New York---Long Island

I planted grape tomato plants on May 18th. They were small and can
three in a pack. They have been growing line wildfire and today I saw
there were those yellow flowers. Is that normal to see the yellow
flowers so quickly?

I/d day that would be a good sign.

Some growers wait until the flowers appear before fertilizing. You can side
dress each plant with a handful of 5-10-10 placed about 4" from the stem and
gently rake or hoe it into the soil. Tomats aren/t heavy feeders, so one
application will be good for the whole season.

Old 06-06-2006, 12:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George Shirley

Alan wrote:
New York---Long Island

I planted grape tomato plants on May 18th. They were small and can
three in a pack. They have been growing line wildfire and today I saw
there were those yellow flowers. Is that normal to see the yellow
flowers so quickly?

Alan

Yes, they may have been in the three-pack awhile too. Doesn't take long
for the little guys to bloom and produce fruit.

George