Old 29-06-2006, 08:59 AM
Registered User

Location: Rhyl n.N Wales u.k
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by William L. Rose
In article ,
nicsdad
wrote:

William L. Rose Wrote:
In article
,
Penelope Periwinkle
wrote:

Not to worry about flowers or seed pods. They seem to have a lot of
the
flavor that you are looking for in basil, if you are making pesto. I
usually pick them first and then fill in with whatever leaves I need
fill my blender halfway.

Just a note: blending the leaves is a heck of a lot easier if you chop
them up a little first. Do this just before they go into the blender.

The other delight with basil is bruschetta Any bread will do but I
prefer baguettes, toast one side of the bread, rub it with garlic,
drizzel with olive oil, cover with basil, cover with coins of
tomatoes,
sprinkle with parmesan, and broil until cheese starts to brown. Serve
with green salad and you have the reason why you garden for a simple,
healthy summer meal.

hi . sow mine in 3in pots every 2 weeks in the greenhouse. i stand
them in a shallow tray of water because they will dry out quickly.

Try ciabatta bread,garlic rub,olive oil,toms and mozzarlla cheese. very
tasty!
olive ciabatta is better than sun dried tomato

I've grown them both ways but I think I'm back to pots: big pots. I've
grown free range basil but they never produce like they do in pots. My
starter plants developed a wilt in the ground. This year they are back
in pots, where my wife has always wanted them and they are doing
wonderfully, i.e. big and bushy. I think it because the soil warms up
more quickly. I'll just keep quiet and eat the basil.
Speaking of eating. Do you put basil on your ciabatta bread
whatchamacallit?

Sorry william fresh basil maen ingredant forget me ead next
Old 29-06-2006, 08:59 AM
Registered User

Location: Rhyl n.N Wales u.k
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by William L. Rose
In article ,
nicsdad
wrote:

William L. Rose Wrote:
In article
,
Penelope Periwinkle
wrote:

[...]

Sorry william fresh basil main ingredant forget me ead next